SkyscraperCity banner

501 - 520 of 1028 Posts

·
Registered
3,768 Posts
You forgot the aspect, that no one will live in 1km height. The last 200m is only spire and not usable.

·
whitest boy in the delta
12,372 Posts
^^
yet it is also among the most interesting section.
but yeah, i wish the current data was accurate, so that i only need to update years of the future, but with finished buildings being added years later, because there is no record of them during construction, that makes the work harder. Also it is really frustrating, i would like to have a good way to compare cities, but some data is missing and then cities are underrepresented only because of the city's location. I also am planning a different method of comparing skylines, but that will take even more work.

·
Registered
279 Posts

·
whitest boy in the delta
12,372 Posts
That only makes it more complicated. I only feature U/C structures until the year 2018, so that it is quite consistent. There are not many supertalls that are still prep and have a realistic chance to be finished by 2018 anyways. new york considering the foundations are really shallow and the towers are really slim is pretty much a wildcard for 2018, but the rest of the cities should be quite accurate.

·
whitest boy in the delta
12,372 Posts
^^
apparently the name changed back

(but they didn't post any sources)

501 - 520 of 1028 Posts