SkyscraperCity Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a special day for me.
On Friday April 13th, 2001, I visited the World Trade Center and took only 2 pictures of it.

While the time has passed, I pay tribute to this special day by sharing my personal memory with you.

And my personal favorite...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
^^ You are not alone.
I love the World Trade Center.
The phase, "The sky's the limit" - that's how I describe the Twin Towers.

Those Twin Towers were so huge, they had their own zip code.

·
Mainland Sea & Sky
6,194 Posts
I'm with you also-being moved deeply !

·
Registered
10,969 Posts
When I went to the observation deck at the Azrieli Ctr in Tel Aviv two weeks ago, the view from the Cirlce Bldg to the Triangle Bldg reminded me of when I looked from the South Tower to the North Tower.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Do any of you believe fire made them, all 3, collapse?

·
What'u smokin' Willis?
2,488 Posts
Daquan13 said:
At least you got to visit the towers.

I NEVER had that golden opportunity!!
Me either. The only way I got to visit the Trade Center is by making it then "walking" around.

WTC memorial 3D model main thread at SSP: http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread.php?t=106842

NewYorkMantle said:
Fire and stress caused by redistribution of weight around the plane's "entry wound" caused towers 1 and 2 to fall. 7WTC was pulled by the FDNY, apparently.
No. A load bearing comlum in the center of the building gave out after prolonged exposure to intense fires. Because the nearest colum was 40 feet away, there way no redudancy and the failure of the one pulled the rest down. It could have been saved if Silverstein didn't pull the firefighters out, but it's doubtful.

·
Banned
1,113 Posts
EtherealMist said:
Im glad I can say I visited the towers. I will be able to tell people 50 years from now when im an old man that I was on top of them.

I truly regret not doing so when I had the chance to.

And it's a shame that that horror was allowed to happen and that the lazy gov't did little or nothing to try to stop it before it all took place!!

Notice how quickly the Pentagon's damaged section was repaired, yet NY officials are taking their damn sweet time rebuilding the WTC.

And most horribly, that damn cockroach binLaden is still running loose over in the mountains of Afghanistan!! Why isn't Bush trying to step up his efforts to find this creep?!!! Guess he conveniently forgot about him by now!!

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
I got to see the Twin Towers once in Oct. 99, looking from a moonroof of a limmo at night, while the limmo was moving. I can still see it in my head and will never forget. I sure wish I would have been able to see more of them. But at least I can say that I did see them.

·
Let's Go Mets!
42 Posts
I was there mutliple times. I have video of me in the interior observation deck. For all the times I was there, the roof was always closed! I pull out the video a few times a year....amazing that everything in that tape is gone.

·
What'u smokin' Willis?
2,488 Posts
^I don't suppose you could convert it to digital and post it? I've never seen any good shots of the interior deck.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.