SkyscraperCity banner

141 - 148 of 148 Posts

·
Registered
669 Posts
^^ some very good ground level shots, not often seen.

·
Schriefer
162 Posts
Hi, Grunfkuss,
do you remember where or how you found this picture? It's showing the Singer Building being demolished and I'm currently recreating that region in 3D in 1910. If I find where it was or its owner I hope to find more pictures of its ruins and realize how some parts were. I tried to find it on nyhistory.org but I couldn't find the picture in their collections.

Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi everybody, Thank for this nice subject.

I ask myself the following question: on the photos of Philippe Petit's feat in 1974, images of the south tower still under construction show a large scrap metal (and concrete? or wood formwork?) appendage protruding far beyond the roof and escalators. On more recent photos of the roof of the South Tower, there is no trace of this.

Does anyone have any idea what it could have been? Or is that a remnant of a kangaroo crane?

Thank you. Have a nice day.

a4d142bb87e8d571c9823dc820a2f66a.jpg

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
When they were designing the original concourse area, does anyone know why it was designed so that only the North Tower had a direct connection to the hotel, while the South Tower didn't have one?

Here's a map of the plaza level (no connection is shown):

Here's a map of the concourse level (the connection between the North Tower and the hotel are shown with a arrow):

141 - 148 of 148 Posts