Skyscraper City Forum banner
1361 - 1380 of 1509 Posts

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Hello everybody. I'm from São Paulo, Brazil, the biggest city in the country and as cosmopolitan as New York, the second main city on the continent. Although I've never visited New York, I really like the city. But I'm not here to talk about both cities and my experiences. I know that today is very important for the world, but especially for Americans and especially New Yorkers. All of us in Brazil are very sorry for what happened 20 years ago. Therefore, I paid a simple tribute to the victims of the fateful event, showing the before, with everyone living life normally without knowing what was about to happen, and the moment when everything changed. I hope you like it and feel comforted. And if you like it, subscribe to the channel. There I post a lot about Brazil and some other places, but especially from here, so that the world can know a little about my country beyond the stereotypes

·
Registered
82 Posts
A morbid fact most people aren't aware of: if you listen to the recording of FDNY radio chatter that day, when both towers collapse you can hear radios being rapidly keyed before it stops completely. These are firefighters being killed by the collapse.

·
Registered
126 Posts
You're right, people did use those bridges to escape from the North Tower on 9/11. On the documentary 9/11: One Day in America (episode South Tower), people are shown walking out of the North Tower and onto the bridges.

Here's some screenshots from 9/11: One Day in America (South Tower):
View attachment 2022686

View attachment 2022689
View attachment 2022691
View attachment 2022693
View attachment 2022700 View attachment 2022695
View attachment 2022706 View attachment 2022702
My goodness. Only seeing this now. Just what I wondered might have been happening. How amazing to see it. I am assuming the man in the blue helmet is a lookout.

·
Registered
126 Posts
In my bid to visualise the towers, I have tried hard to find images of the core of the buildings. The cross section of corridors where the stairs, elevators and toilets were. Needless to say, these are hard to find because people don't take photographs of something so uninteresting. However, if you look at this Morgan Stanley film, a 30 second section that begins at 5,10, it shows them rehearsing evacuation. Does anyone know if this is filmed in the World Trade? I think parts of it obviously are, because in one moment you can see the long thin window in the background. But it might be intermingled with footage from other Morgan Stanley buildings. If anyone knows, please advise. Thanks

·
Registered
118 Posts
You're right, people did use those bridges to escape from the North Tower on 9/11. On the documentary 9/11: One Day in America (episode South Tower), people are shown walking out of the North Tower and onto the bridges.

Here's some screenshots from 9/11: One Day in America (South Tower):
I got a copy of that documentary and converted that section into a gif so everyone could see it in action.

1361 - 1380 of 1509 Posts