SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
EOS 40D
2,108 Posts
Nice pics. Why/how are they renovating it? And when are you leaving HK?

·
17,363 Posts
I think the game centre is runned by Namco. They had a similar arcade back in Times Square but that one shut down. Anyway the mall isn't that big but they have some of the finest restaurants plus the game centre on the upper level.

I really like the neon lighting effects at night though.

·
Registered
419 Posts
they should open something similar in mk ... non smoking arcade
isn't there another arcade where it is non smoking in cwb ...
that mall close to Victoria park with a cinema, seibu and HMV?
or was that close down?
I hope they only renovate it ...
and not tore it down to build a new one like the hennesey one ...
or at least keep the arcade hehe

·
...::HK.:.:.:.LA::...
1,529 Posts
looks ugly... but i favor renovating it... coz if they rebuild chances are they're gonna build another typical glass box :-(

·
17,363 Posts
InitialD18 said:
they should open something similar in mk ... non smoking arcade
isn't there another arcade where it is non smoking in cwb ...
that mall close to Victoria park with a cinema, seibu and HMV?
or was that close down?
I hope they only renovate it ...
and not tore it down to build a new one like the hennesey one ...
or at least keep the arcade hehe
You mean the Windsor House. There was a game centre on the 5th floor which I think was Whimsey. I think it closed down years ago. Missed that place though!

·
Registered
419 Posts
WTC more renovation

世 貿 中 心 年 底 擴 商 場

【 本 報 訊 】 新 鴻 基 地 產 ( 016 ) 終 於 落 實 將 銅 鑼 灣 世 貿 中 心 9 層 寫 字 樓 改 商 場 計 劃 , 總 投 資 2 億 元 , 預 計 年 底 開 始 分 兩 期 進 行 , 工 程 完 成 後 商 場 年 租 金 收 益 可 倍 增 至 1.6 億 元 。

年 租 倍 增 至 1.6 億
新 地 代 理 租 務 部 副 總 經 理 鍾 秀 蓮 表 示 , 擴 建 後 商 場 面 積 由 16 萬 呎 , 增 至 28 萬 呎 , 並 改 名 為 wtc more , 會 引 入 酒 吧 等 店 舖 , 及 延 長 營 業 時 間 至 凌 晨 3 時 。 各 類 租 戶 佔 用 面 積 比 例 也 會 改 變 , 如 娛 樂 業 會 由 現 時 的 2.24 萬 呎 , 增 至 5.6 萬 呎 , 比 例 由 14% 提 高 至 20% ; 美 容 及 化 妝 品 店 則 由 7% 提 高 至 14% , 面 積 由 1.12 萬 呎 加 至 3.92 萬 呎 。
包 括 時 裝 、 手 袋 及 皮 鞋 的 零 售 業 , 佔 用 面 積 由 5.12 萬 呎 增 至 7.84 萬 呎 , 比 例 由 32% 降 至 28% ; 餐 飲 業 比 例 由 43% 減 至 36% , 但 佔 用 面 積 則 由 6.88 萬 呎 , 大 升 至 10.08 萬 呎 。
鍾 秀 蓮 指 出 , 現 時 零 售 租 戶 呎 租 100 至 280 元 , 日 後 會 升 至 130 至 330 元 ; 餐 飲 業 則 由 40 至 120 元 , 調 高 為 55 至 150 元 。
她 預 計 , 屆 時 商 場 每 年 租 金 收 入 可 望 高 達 1.6 億 元 , 較 目 前 的 8000 萬 元 多 1 倍 。

Apple Daily

·
121,729 Posts
WTC mall rents forecast to double
Danny Chung
Hong Kong Standard
Friday, June 23, 2006

Sun Hung Kai Properties said rental income from its World Trade Centre shopping mall in Causeway Bay will double once it completes a HK$200 million revamp.

Speaking at the project launch Thursday, company leasing official Fiona Chung Sau-lin estimated that annual leasing revenues will hit HK$160 million - up from the current HK$80 million - after the renovations are completed in late 2008.

The mall will be renamed "wtc more," she said, adding that the closing time will be extended to 3am from the current 11pm.

Apart from rejigging and renovating the existing 160,000-square-foot mall, the company also plans to convert nine floors of office space above the mall into retail premises. Upon project completion, retail space will total 280,000 sqft on 15 floors, compared to the existing six floors.

The number of shops will increase from the current 64 to more than 100, said Chung, deputy general manager in the leasing department of Sun Hung Kai Real Estate Agency.

Chung said the company's optimism over the project is fueled by the improving local economy, as well as the increasing number of tourists, which rose to 23.4 million in 2005 from 21.8 million the previous year.

Internal company research conducted last year indicated that visitors to the mall spent an average of HK$5,900 per month there - roughly on par with consumer spending levels in Central and Admiralty.

"These are high quality customers," Chung said, pointing out that most were in the coveted 20-to-40 age bracket.

To attract and retain this important group, Chung said the mall will alter its tenant mix to emphasize a trendy new image.

The area allocated for clothing and fashion-accessory shops will increase from 28 percent to 32 percent, while for beauty-related shops, total space will double to 14 percent. Entertainment space will increase from 14 percent to 20 percent.

Food and beverage will drop from 43 percent to 36 percent but, in terms of area, it will grow to 100,800 sqft from 68,800 sqft.

The mall renovation will include installing new lifts and escalators, as well as new facades, and shops will be reconfigured. A giant liquid crystal display screen will be installed at the front of the property and two-story duplex- styled stores introduced.

Chung said work is to be done in two phases, with the first scheduled to start at the end of 2006, and the second phase in early 2008. The mall will remain open for business during the renovations.

Currently, retail tenants pay rents ranging from HK$100 to HK$280 per square foot, while food and beverage outlets pay HK$40 to HK$120 per sqft. After renovations, Chung said the rates will climb to between HK$130 and HK$330 for retail shops, and HK$55 to HK$150 for food and beverage operations.

Chung said Sun Hung Kai is currently negotiating with prospective retailers, including some who want to lease three entire floors - a request the company had to refuse.

·
POUND THE ALARM!!!
397 Posts
Great news... always hoping for a better WTC mall and that it opens later, so I can do some late night shopping!!!

·
17,363 Posts
Rachmaninov said:
^^ I'm not sure about the best service, but I'm positive that it has one of the most spectacular views of all McDonald's in Hong Kong, if not the world.
Yes the McDonalds in WTC has a nice view of Kowloon and parts of HK Island.

Anyway, The WTC is more a place to either have a nice dinner or play some games. The shops inside aren't that interesting to me!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts