SkyscraperCity banner

21 - 40 of 156 Posts

·
Canadian eh!
3,487 Posts
After seeing post #14 I retract my previous comment.

All I can say now is WOW!

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Are those one-way freeways on each side of the river?
(I figure that they must be, otherwise there aren't enough on-ramps and off-ramps for all traffic directions.

·
Banned
566 Posts
Its kind of humorous and a juxtaposition in engineering at least in my mind, to have such an impressive looking bridge over a relatively small/tiny waterway/canal/creek. But its still stunning.
This is Brazil.

Really there's a small waterway called River Pinheiros, but it's located in a wealthy place, with expensive buildings, then the politics spent lots of money building impressive and expensive money in that place.

Another problem: This waterway is extremely polluted and stink as hell.

·
Penang Skyscrapers Hunter
10,128 Posts
i think this is a very clever bridge. the pylon supports 2 criss-crossed roads and there's another smaller road at it's base. and, it looks beautiful too! haven't seen anything like that :eek:kay:

·
Registered
10,382 Posts
The bridge isn´t oversized just because it´s a wealthy place, although I recon it makes its share of influence. There were discussions about making two regular bridges, but the fact is it doesn´t cross the waterway (Rio Pinheiros); instead, it connects both ways of the avenue on the other side, which forms a 90º angle with it. So, both bridges would cross in the middel of the river, and all the pillars would nearly block the water passage (a problem, as those who live here know well). And besides, the former Mayor wanted something astonishing! Heh

·
Registered
176 Posts
:blahblah: :blahblah:
Its kind of humorous and a juxtaposition in engineering at least in my mind, to have such an impressive looking bridge over a relatively small/tiny waterway/canal/creek. But its still stunning.
You know what ?? São Paulo deserves to have this bridge, and Im kind tired of listening/reading :wtf: :gaah: such comments:bash: :eek:hno: , if it were been built in somewhere else (read US, Australia etc) they would say: WOW it's amazing !! How nice :nuts: !! but in Brazil we barely have the right to the a very nice bridge like that, some of the people that post such a comment does not have the idea of the dimension of São Paulo and if this is a little, tiny river, creek or even a spit who cares !? let us have our fun. this just like those situations when you make a little more money and you decide to go to a very nice restaurant, just to have a good time by yourself or with a family and somebody filled with envy says: Are you out of your mind :eek:hno: ??
this is to expensive !! you know what let us have our good time, the brigde is beautiful and São Paulo deserves it, yes we know how to do amazing bridges, buildings too and by the way Florida and some part of US "knows" we have the know-how to build such things.^^
ps. Most of the bridges here in florida got the name: odebrecht
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Odebrecht
By the way who's the company behind this project ?
fui
Let's celebrate. the bridge is very beautiful:cheers1: :cheers:
Parabéns São Paulo.A cidade merece. São Paulo é 10
Guto parabens pelas fotos. You're the man !!

·
Penang Skyscrapers Hunter
10,128 Posts
nice update, gutooo!

BTWm how tall will the tower be?? it looks like it is going to be taller than the buildings around it

·
policial disfarçado
17,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
^^ thank you :D

The tower will be around 140m tall!

Only the Torre Norte (158m) will be taller than the bridge!

21 - 40 of 156 Posts