Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Fairouzy
7,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The UAE mourns the death of Shaikh Saqr Bin Mohammad Al Qasimi, the late ruler of Ras Al Khaimah

Abu Dhabi

Seven day mourning declared, with flags at half mast on all federal departments, ministries and government institutions beginning on Wednesday.

Ajman

Seven days mourning declared, with flags at half mast, and local government departments closed for three days beginning on Wednesday

Dubai

Seven days mourning declared, with flags to fly at half mast.

Ras Al Khaimah

Mourning declared. with flags to fly at half mast for fourty days, and local government departments closed for one week beginning on Wednesday.

Sharjah

Seven days of mourning declared, with flags to fly at half mast, and local government departments closed for three days beginning on Thursday

Umm Al Quwain

Seven days of mourning declared, with flags to fly at half mast, and local government departments closed for three days beginning Wednesday.

Sheikh Saqr bin Mohammad al-Qassimi (9 April 1918[citation needed] - 27 October 2010) was the Emir of Ras al-Khaimah, one of the United Arab Emirates, from 1948 to 2010.

He became the Ruler of Ras al-Khaimah on 17 July 1948,[1] when he overthrew his uncle and father-in-law Shaykh Sultan Bin Salem (or Salim) al-Qassimi in a bloodless coup d'etat. Shaykh Saqr exiled the Sultan to Sharjah. Under his rule, Ras al-Khaimah joined the United Arab Emirates in 1972.

At the time of his death in 2010, he was the world's oldest reigning monarch at age 92.

Allah yir7imah :(

الله يرحمه ويسكنه الجنه

·
an amazing user ;)
288 Posts
i heard of somthing cam up between his sons khalid and saqer fighting over throne is it right ?

·
Fairouzy
7,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
^^ Yaa, Seven years ago, he signed a paper which basically kicked out his son from Crown Prince and made his younger son Crown prince, which is the current ruler. A bit of drama.

Crazy, we have crazier threads about a basketball player joining a team or something. Seriously, who cares about that! loool

·
3,839 Posts
have fun in your 7 day holiday. I always though its 3 days, but the emirates like to exaggerate everything and make it taller and longer, even the mourning process.

·
I love Abu Dhabi.
6,351 Posts
He is a Child. He isnt responsible for his actions yet. give it time.

Anyway , for your information , we didnt get any holiday off work or school/colleges. its 7 days where the flags are half way down and the radio channels play Quran.

Next time , take your time to also read and understand.

·
3,839 Posts
Other emirates in your federation beg to differ... anyway you are the ones that should grow up and stop worshiping demigods.

Gulfarabia, esket ma7ad kalamik.. i can write whatever i want within the rule of this bar, so be quiet and stop trying to control everything.

anyway, im gonna stop contributing to this amazingly wonderful, informative, enlightening thread. Halawala all your threads are about people dying and 3azzaa! Wtf lol :p

·
Fairouzy
7,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
have fun in your 7 day holiday. I always though its 3 days, but the emirates like to exaggerate everything and make it taller and longer, even the mourning process.
He is a head of state, hence the 7 day mourning. He is reguarding as the last member of founding fathers of the UAE to die. So, its a huge deal there.

BTW, its 7 days mourning and flags at half staff, but 3 days of closed institutions at most Emirates.

·
I love Abu Dhabi.
6,351 Posts
Other emirates in your federation beg to differ... anyway you are the ones that should grow up and stop worshiping demigods.

Gulfarabia, esket ma7ad kalamik.. i can write whatever i want within the rule of this bar, so be quiet and stop trying to control everything.
Kid.... who is worshipping who ?

The guy is dead. Do you have no decency ? say Allah yerhamah and be quite.

when you die , i doubt you will appreciate people saying "who the F was he anyway??"

So anyway , like i said before in two words that sum this whole situation up

Grow up أعقل

·
3,839 Posts
when i die im dead, why would i care if a person says allah yer7oma or who the f is that guy?

well if i die and halawala makes a thread about it, yes, i bet someone will say who the **** is this guy lol

·
I love Abu Dhabi.
6,351 Posts
I never fight. I am a peacefull person.

Crazy needs to understand , that in life , being nice and decent doesnt make him less kool.

anyway , over and out.

·
3,839 Posts
im nice and decent in person, seriously lol

btw ahmed... your signature should be Goldstone Report.. its the surname of the guy, not Gold Stone Report, which is translated into Taqreer al Sakhraa al Thahabiya in arabic. It's been bothering me for quite some time!

:)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts