SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
3,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought this might get more attention here than the Bahrain forum:

Well, I found this today in the paper, am not sure if it'll go ahead but it sounds huge(1000+, 600m, etc.). As much as I doubt this one will go ahead, but if it does, I bet you, Dubai will announce a bigger one soon after that :D.

http://gulf-daily-news.com/story.asp?Article=142591&Sn=BNEW&IssueID=29044

MANAMA: Bahrain could become home of the world's tallest skyscraper if a project by Danish company Henning Larsens Tegnestue A/S gets the go-ahead. Company project director Louis Becker, who was in Riyadh yesterday, is planning to have a meeting about the proposed project with a building contractor in Bahrain later this week. The company's design for a skyscraper measures 1,022 metres - double the Taiwan Taipei 101, which is currently the world's tallest building at 506 metres.

It was chosen by the Bahrain contractor because of the company's previous experiences of building in Saudi Arabia, according to a report in the Copenhagen Post.

The company designed both the Foreign Affairs Ministry in 1984 and the Royal Danish Embassy in 1987, in Riyadh.

The project is awaiting approval from His Majesty King Hamad and is expected to be formally announced on May 7, said the report. Mr Becker has reportedly been working on plans for the project for a year.

The project, which would take about seven-and-a-half years to build, would comprise five towers - modelled after the five pillars of Islam. The tallest would reach 1,022m, have 200 storeys and house 30,000 people.

The second tallest would measure 600m.

·
Patriotic Emirati
6,297 Posts
it is really turning into this

ذات يوم إذ طلع علينا رجل شديد بياض الثياب، شديد سواد الشعر، لا يرى عليه أثر السفر، ولا يعرفه منا أحد، حتى جلس إلى النبي ( صلى الله عليه وسلم ) ، فأسند ركبتيه إلى ركبتيه، ووضع كفيه على فخذيه، وقال: يا محمّد أخبرني عن الإسلام؟! فقال رسول الله ( صلى الله عليه وسلم ): الإسلام أن تشهد أن لا إله إلا الله، وأن محمداً رسول الله، وتقيم الصلاة، وتؤتي الزكاة، وتصوم رمضان، وتحج البيت إن استطعت إليه سبيلاً، قال: صدقت. فعجبنا له يسأله ويصدّقه، قال: فأخبرني عن الإيمان؟ قال: أن تؤمن بالله وملائكته وكتبه ورسله واليوم الآخر وتؤمن بالقدر خيره وشره، قال: صدقت. قال: فأخبرني عن الإحسان؟ قال: أن تعبد الله كأنك تراه فإن لم تكن تراه فإنه يراك. قال: فأخبرني عن الساعة؟ قال: ما المسؤول عنها بأعلم من السائل، قال: فأخبرني عن أماراتها؟ قال: أن تلد الأمة ربتها، وأن ترى الحفاة العراة العالة رعاء الشاء يتطاولون في البنيان، ثم انطلق. فلبثت ملياً، ثم قال: يا عمر أ تدري من السائل؟ قلت: الله ورسوله أعلم، قال: فإنه جبريل أتاكم يعلّمكم دينكم. ( رواه مسلم )​

·
Banned
2,381 Posts
after the five pillars of Islam.. oh this is good, what next? 1200 meters for the 12 imams? oh wait, 6346 towers of 6346 meters.. why not.

·
Registered
701 Posts
one thing that botheres me about this is the Islamic Principle of Pillars behind this COMMERCIAL project.....Maybe they should have just proposed it based on Islamic architechture then thats no problem.

Can you Imagine one of the Towers being Named and resembeling "Zakat"(Charity)???!!?

And obviously this is going to be anything other than a Charitable Project!!

Oh and guys dont get too excited because GDN in Bahrain are known for BIG TIME speculation!!

Other than that it sounds like a great project....Well Just have to wait for May 7....until then dont make hassad! And dont get too excited!!

·
Registered
30 Posts
I don't believe in Hadith .

Only the quran.

Good for Bahrain.

Education is the most imorptant field to invest in. So thats why I really like whats going in Qatar right now and my sisters there to :)

·
Banned
2,381 Posts

·
Registered
3,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
lebaneseangel said:
im lost. so what do you think about it bahraini spirit?
Hey. Well, am actually having mixed thoughts myself. Part of me wants to believe it and the other doesn't. Given that Bahrain has never embarked on a project of such magnitude, it remains to be seen whether this thing will get the go ahead on the 7th of May (supposedly that's when the project will be annouced) or just remain a vision.

I think that if Bahrain wants to place itself firmly on the map, it should give the green light to such a project. In terms of whether it's viable or economically justifiable, this is another story.

:).

·
2,424 Posts
I feel the same way BS, and yes, the GDN might speculate at times, but they don't make up Bullshit like Qatari newspapers seem to be soo good at doing.. :tongue2:

1 - 20 of 45 Posts