SkyscraperCity Forum banner
1 - 20 of 123 Posts

·
Sexy Astronaut
11,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Feeling rather masochistic tonight...

Show pics of all the cruddier/unconventional parts of town for us to all ''laud'' over... :drool: or even just little annoyances that you think ruin a street such as tarmac instead of cobbles and so on...

They dont have to be recent, so you can show old pics of places pre-redevelopment and what not :yes:

I'll Start, the most obvious and worst offenders are these three beauties:

Nelson street

The Pithay (aka Pithaytic) area... which is funnily enough just off Nelson street...

Broadweir which is also by the Pithay which is-, seeing a pattern here?

·
Fus-Ro-Dah!
12,714 Posts
Huge surface car parks and buildings that face away from the street, stupid 60s, 70s, and 80s planners :bash:

Streetscape, what streetscape?

Talk about your dead frontages...

What about a motorway slicing right through the middle of the town centre

I think I'll win at this thread ;)

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
Interesting thread!! Motorways through the city are just the worse. I've never been to Glasgow (and I hear it's lovely by the way) but that massive motorway running through it just looks horrible on a map. Must split the city right in two?

·
Sexy Astronaut
11,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Keep em coming people :drool:

Those Sheffiled and Preston ones are :puke:
more!

What about a motorway slicing right through the middle of the town centre

I think I'll win at this thread ;)
well, in all fairness it would have to have a town centre to slice up ;)

personally i wouldnt say Telford was the worst although it is undoubtably meh, it has its merits... kind of!

·
Cute but Psycho...
6,023 Posts
Such a friendly thread by such a friendly forumer......:yes:

London is soo big that it has it all, theres loads of pics on SCC of crappy streetscapes. will try and dig up some pics later.

·
0 Posts
^^ Wow, I'm surprised that something that soulless actually exists. Here was me thinking "only in America". :eek:hno:

There are loads in Auckland that scream "yuck" but this isn't the forum for posting them.
Loads here in Canada too. The worst "downtown" Liverpool street I can remember was Pall Mall. I hated that street. But that was just my own personal opinion, others are welcome to disagree.

·
Fus-Ro-Dah!
12,714 Posts
Nice buildings, but People not welcome at ground level:-

I think this tread needs a poll, it'll be nice to see Telford win again...
Ah yes, who could forget tht we have thebest ****.

I'm surprised at these buildings, I would have thought that the local planning authority would have strongly pushed for some street interaction there :nuts:

Edit, I think i have some Birmingham ones as well

:puke:

1 - 20 of 123 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.