SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 123 Posts

·
Sexy Astronaut
11,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Feeling rather masochistic tonight...

Show pics of all the cruddier/unconventional parts of town for us to all ''laud'' over... :drool: or even just little annoyances that you think ruin a street such as tarmac instead of cobbles and so on...

They dont have to be recent, so you can show old pics of places pre-redevelopment and what not :yes:

I'll Start, the most obvious and worst offenders are these three beauties:

Nelson street

The Pithay (aka Pithaytic) area... which is funnily enough just off Nelson street...

Broadweir which is also by the Pithay which is-, seeing a pattern here?

·
BAND
12,217 Posts
Oh god, Sheffield has some absolutely appalling ones. They make those Bristol one's look... well... good!

I'll post some up later.

·
Fus-Ro-Dah!
12,456 Posts
Wahey, i'll be able to contribute to this thread, lacking as we do any kind of decent streetscape. Lets see what I can find....

·
Fus-Ro-Dah!
12,456 Posts
Huge surface car parks and buildings that face away from the street, stupid 60s, 70s, and 80s planners :bash:

Streetscape, what streetscape?

Talk about your dead frontages...

What about a motorway slicing right through the middle of the town centre

I think I'll win at this thread ;)

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
Interesting thread!! Motorways through the city are just the worse. I've never been to Glasgow (and I hear it's lovely by the way) but that massive motorway running through it just looks horrible on a map. Must split the city right in two?

·
Sexy Astronaut
11,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Keep em coming people :drool:

Those Sheffiled and Preston ones are :puke:
more!

What about a motorway slicing right through the middle of the town centre

I think I'll win at this thread ;)
well, in all fairness it would have to have a town centre to slice up ;)

personally i wouldnt say Telford was the worst although it is undoubtably meh, it has its merits... kind of!

·
Cute but Psycho...
6,023 Posts
Such a friendly thread by such a friendly forumer......:yes:

London is soo big that it has it all, theres loads of pics on SCC of crappy streetscapes. will try and dig up some pics later.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
^^ Wow, I'm surprised that something that soulless actually exists. Here was me thinking "only in America". :eek:hno:

There are loads in Auckland that scream "yuck" but this isn't the forum for posting them.
Loads here in Canada too. The worst "downtown" Liverpool street I can remember was Pall Mall. I hated that street. But that was just my own personal opinion, others are welcome to disagree.

·
Fus-Ro-Dah!
12,456 Posts
personally i wouldnt say Telford was the worst although it is undoubtably meh, it has its merits... kind of!
Uh huh, it may well be the most meh place in all the land. There are grimmer ones but I don't tend to take pics of that.

·
Fus-Ro-Dah!
12,456 Posts
Nice buildings, but People not welcome at ground level:-

I think this tread needs a poll, it'll be nice to see Telford win again...
Ah yes, who could forget tht we have thebest ****.

I'm surprised at these buildings, I would have thought that the local planning authority would have strongly pushed for some street interaction there :nuts:

Edit, I think i have some Birmingham ones as well

:puke:

·
Fus-Ro-Dah!
12,456 Posts
Oh and more brummie ones, I promise i'll post some nice streets on the relevantthread later....

1 - 20 of 123 Posts