Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Banned
5,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of my favourite songs is Handel's "Messiah". It's just such a beautiful piece, but given the religious theme of the song, I would imagine that it wouldn't be allowed to be sung/performed in public in most MENA countries (except maybe for Lebanon and Turkey and one or two other countries). Do you think that a public performance of "Messiah' would be allowed in your country? (This question is only for MENA people).

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hahaha, of course it would be allowed in Jordan (anyway I don't see how you can prevent random people from getting up and singing!) and in any case I doubt most people would pick up on the religious theme.

I just went came back from the public unveiling of the town Christmas tree in Madaba (a mainly christian town south of Amman) where the local church choir was singing in the public square so I don't think something like this would be any different (except it would probably be a bit more entertaining).

·
Registered
2,015 Posts
חבר1.0;68715073 said:
Religious conservatives, government laws on religious displays, etc...
Right, I get what you mean. But I think you need to be aware people don't have a collar on in MENA countries. Even Saudi and Iran, with religious police running around people do things anti-law, anti government. No common person in a mall/square etc is going to freak out and threaten/hurt the people doing this... If they were to do it.

Just want to make that point clear:)

·
Banned
5,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I will ask you the same question ... will it be premitted to sing muslim songs in your country israel ?

=> I think that everything is allowed in morocco since we are a democratic and a peaceful country :D

Btw I like the song
Regarding your question, absolutely!

I was just asking because I wasn't sure how stringently religious laws are enforced in most MENA countries.

·
21,598 Posts
Angels get burned when somebody sings.. a teacher told me.

P.S, 1.0 the video was sooo boring im sorry i slept half way through, whats the point of a flash mob if they don't dance, it felt like being in a church.
:D

The funny thing is that MENA is one of the most music crazy regions in the world

1 - 20 of 24 Posts