SkyscraperCity banner

Would you actually live in one of these new SuperTalls?

• Yes

Votes: 106 72.1%
  • No

Votes: 24 16.3%
  • Umm, not sure

Votes: 17 11.6%
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
76,996 Posts
the highest apartment in Burj Dubai will be level108 or 325m.

the highest apartments since 1969 is on floor92 /307m in John Hancock centre, chicago

Chicago spire will hold the record for highest apartment being 565m.
so we may never have people living 1000m high.
500m maybe be limitation for now.

·
"The Ignorant Fool"
2,576 Posts
With emphasis on alot of new safety technology, yes.

For example, evacuation via the elevators, where the shafts are positive air pressurerized, structural accounting for seismic, terrorist, bombs, etc., intermediate open air floors for rescue, ban on toxic vapor flammable materials (carpets, etc.), fire sprinkler systems, etc, etc.

·
Registered
283 Posts
I assume this poll is independent of cost (top floor chicago spire=$40million)

Other than that, of course; what the hell would stop me? not afraid of heights in a skyscraper

·
Registered
5,546 Posts
Hell yeah I'd live in one of these. Give me the top floor please. This is why we admire these buildings, we want to live in them. It's kinda like saying you want to look at a girl but you don't wanna **** her.

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Hell yeah I'd live in one of these. Give me the top floor please. This is why we admire these buildings, we want to live in them. It's kinda like saying you want to look at a girl but you don't wanna **** her.
bahaha, quote of the day for me

word :lol:

·
///M
76 Posts
i would kill to live in the highest penthouse in the Chicago Spire.
No shit, I mean seriously... $40 million USD seems like a bargain to me - I'm not being sarcastic either. If I had $100 mil or more I'd do it in a heartbeat! Besides the height and architecture of the Spire, you would have a 360 degree panorama of one of the best skylines anywhere plus the lake.... :cheers:

·
Banned
360 Posts
If I had a ton of money I'd buy a nice house to put my family in, not a 500m rat trap. I wouldn't want to live in a tall building.

·
VA is for LOVERS!
716 Posts
Rather crude way of putting it...
But down-right hilarious and definitely with some truth to it...
:lol:

·
Lord of Legoland
10,895 Posts
"Umm, not sure"

I wouldn't want to live in the BD - but if the building had what I needed I wouldn't mind living there no matter how high or insane

1 - 20 of 48 Posts