SkyscraperCity Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I decided to head downtown LA on Wednesday for a day of adventure. Since I was off from work and we finally had some sunshine, I figure I better take advantage of this great day.

The Arcade Building is one of many old structures being converted to lofts

Can you believe this new bar has become a very popular hang out for business folks. I figure the grit would scare them away

I hope you all see downtown LA in a new light, thanks for checking them out.

·
Registered
765 Posts
I responded in the thread at SSP, but I can also say as a former LA resident and frequent visitor to LA, I have never seen downtown like this before. thanks for the pics. There is just something about warm cities with great color at groundlevel.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
DeMaFrost said:
If your goal was to give an outsider a different impression of Downtown LA, you've succeeded. Downtown LA seems vibrant like never before. Great pics!
You are correct, that was my goal. Its just too bad many forumers on SSC would rather stick with their stuborn views than click on a photo thread that defies the stereotype of LA not having a real downtown.

Anyway, I am really appreciative of all of you who has viewed this thread. A special thanks for you all who comments are always welcomed.

·
Registered
404 Posts
NY1 said:
Vibrant and Ugly. San Francisco and NYC are much nicer
Judging from your screename, I expected that.

I went to Downtown a few days ago, man it looks freaking crazy. LA doesn't look much different from NY now. And they're building 100+ things all over LA right now, it's gonna be VERY dense in a minute.

·
Registered
117 Posts
CarsonCaliBrotha said:
Judging from your screename, I expected that.

I went to Downtown a few days ago, man it looks freaking crazy. LA doesn't look much different from NY now. And they're building 100+ things all over LA right now, it's gonna be VERY dense in a minute.
It's nice but it's not as pedestrian-friendly as NYC or SF.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Palal said:
Are you serious? LA in general may not be, but Downtown most definitely is. Walking or using the bus/rail. The only reason why is because in the 50s and 60s more and more people were moving out in the open suburbs to get that urban feel and not be packed in. Now that everythings full, they're building up, so soon LA will definitely be very pedestrian friendly. Maybe not all of it, but the buses will take care of that.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Palal said:

are you kidding? The scene in downtown LA is IDENTICAL to the scene in Manhattan only it's much smaller and more vacant. Pedestrian friendliness is identical! There's just much fewer vendors by comparison.

G

·
is it true that you can't get by in L.A. without a car? another misconception or really a necessity?

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.