Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
12,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sitting here at 12.50 am Monday on SSC with the TV on in the background..hmm I should go to bed.???.anyway....All of a sudden !!!! A glossy spectacular...amazing...probably computer doctored ??? TV ad came on for the Skydeck...with a 'Helicopter like' flight around Eurekas summit then inside the 'Edge'...haven't seen this before ??? but it sure grabs your attention...hmmm. school holidays so maybe launched for that???:banana:

·
Registered
4,229 Posts
I went there a week or so ago and I reckon most of the people there were foreigners, just going by the accents and different languages I could hear as I walked around. It's nice watching the sun go down from up there are seeing all the lights slowly switch on. Be spectacular during Summer and Autumn i think.

The reflections on the glass are bad though :(

·
Here
6,589 Posts
Maybe he was expecting something like Sky Tower in Auckland where you can jump off the tower? Or maybe he wanted a Stratosphere Las Vegas Tower experience, you know with a few theme park rides at the top lol

·
Registered
359 Posts
No, I just found it really disappointing that the reflection blocked out a lot of the view. It was a cloudy, wet day so the lights on the inside really reflected.

It wasn't that bad, I just wish I went up to Rialto instead.

·
Registered
4,229 Posts
IMO the views are awesome, but the reflections really let it down. I went in late afternoon and stayed til after it was dark and it gets quite bad. The scrolling writing and the light projectors things shine all over the windows that it can be quite difficult to see out. I'd imagine the best time to go would probably be early morning when it opens.

·
Proud Melbournian
1,743 Posts
Pardon my ignorance but why is it that the glare in Eureka's obs deck is more evident that that of say Q1 or Rialto ? Is it because of the 'gold glass' ?
I wonder if the administrators of Eureka's deck are aware of this fact and of the visitors' concerns and if there's anything that could be done to reduce the glare?

·
, , and , Fade to Black.
7,974 Posts
I wonder if the administrators of Eureka's deck are aware of this fact and of the visitors' concerns and if there's anything that could be done to reduce the glare?
Would be intrested in that too. As it appears to be a common complaint here.

·
Registered
78,024 Posts
It does sound like the gold tint has a negative effect on ob deck viewing behind.
something engineers should have sorted out before hand.
Sydney tower has gold tint but has none reflective panels for taking photos out of.Also the windows are angled towards you which is perfect for viewing.but you still get reflectivity day or night.
recent ipiggi syd tower pic showing reflection>
http://www.civbox.org/x/sydtower/1-5.jpg

1 - 20 of 23 Posts