Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 443 Posts

·
Południowiec
5,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Welcome, welcome :)

Once I opened a thread about my hometown but I didn't have time to continue my journey by showing You photos of it. So now, I would like to restart it and bring You closer to the life of this really beautiful, fancy and full of positive energy city. I hope, that You will enjoy it :)
I would like to encourage my polish colleagues to support me and post some of their best photos trying to show the pros and cons of our hometown :)

I must emphasize the situation of this city. It was destroyed during the war in about 65% but it survived and the future is brighter that we would like to imagine. The renovations of the tenement houses and monuments are accelerating and the new wave of architecture is also trying to land here. So you would see here not only photos showing really old monuments but also something modern. I hope You would like it :)

Below You will find the logos of our city, including those which are showing the most important events taking place in our city in the future. We will be one of the host-cities during EURO 2012 and we are trying to win the eliminations for 2016 European Capital of Culture.

Let the show begin! :)

In a moment I will post the first pictures.

Technical notice - please post only 2 or 3 pictures in one post !

·
Południowiec
5,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
5) I would like to introduce You the brightest, modern star of our local architecture. It's the New Renoma. It's the expansion of the old Wertheim warehouse, which luckily survived the war. I must say, that Wrocław waited very long for such a building !

6) Another view on New Renoma.

·
Capital of culture 2016
4,483 Posts

·
Banned
7,713 Posts
this thread is long overdue, the world needs to know about this dymanic city that's not just having a big makeover but building lots of cool modern architecture - hope you keep this up :)

1 - 20 of 443 Posts