WROCLAW | Sky Tower | 180m | U/C

START: 2007
COMPLETION: 2010
HEIGHT: 258 meters
FLOORS: 57
GROSS FLOOR AREA: 260000m²
ARCHITECT: B & G Warsaw
COST: ca 400 mln U.S. Dollars

The project will be executed by Wrocław Nieruchomości sp. z o.o. on the property having a surface area of 27,362 square meters located in the very centre of Wrocław at ul. Powstańców Śląskich and ul. Gwiaździsta, approximately 2.5 km from the Main Square.
In accordance with the architectural plans prepared in accordance with the local zoning plan, Sky Tower will be a residential, office and commercial complex consisting of 7 buildings having various heights and an aggregate surface area exceeding 260,000 square meters. One of the apartment buildings comprising Sky Tower will be more than 220 meters high and thus it will be the highest residential building in Poland.
Further, the complex will contain a parking facility for more than 2,000 cars. At present, the 24-story Poltegor building, which will be demolished by the end of 2007, is located on the property. The completion of the Sky Tower project is planned at the turn of the 3rd and 4th quarter of 2010.

Highest Tower 220m, 57 floors

Office building - 110m, 27 floors

Apartment building - 102m, 26 floors

+ 4 other apartment buildings, 78m, 19 floors
www.skytower.pl

first version

second version

f.l.t.r.: Daniel Libeskind “Zlota 44”, Palace of Culture and Science, Warsaw Trade Center, Rondo 1, Sky Tower, Poltegor

Demolition site of the Poltegor:

pics by matterhorn

Last version

·
kierowca bombowca
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't know, if I like it, I will wait till final render (soon). But still, it will be the highest building in Poland (to the roof)

·
Registered
282 Posts
In those renders the tower looks OK. Nothing explosively hot, but nice. Hope they are going to use really quality materials there, otherwise the tower can look dull.

·
Registered
542 Posts
I don't like the design, to commie...but if you look the render it fits well in the Wroclaw's enviroment with all commie blocks around.

·
keep jaywalking
6,492 Posts
I don't like the design, to commie...but if you look the render it fits well in the Wroclaw's enviroment with all commie blocks around.
The tower's neighbourhood will be successive change. Next to Sky Tower will be build Southern Center (Centrum Południowe)- complex of six towers.

·
Registered
170 Posts
^^
Poltegor building demolition site/ construction site of Sky Tower.

I will allow myself to summarize the opinions of Wroclaw's forumers:
We see the construction of Sky Tower as a breakthrough in our city's highrise development (I think it really opened a tap with new highrise projects), however very few of us are fully satisfied with the design itself. Anyway, the final design has not been presented yet so we count on some adjustments.

·
Registered
170 Posts
but from here i don t like. the architecture is not human, as the other buildings, i guess commieblocks.
I agree, the whole complex looks from this angle like a fortress. It would much better if the base part was not that high and the complex was clearly divided into separate buildings.

1 - 20 of 623 Posts