Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
What'u smokin' Willis?
2,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those that have seen my Chicago model thread, you know the deal. For those that haven't, 2nd link in the sig.

If you remember my first model, you're awesome, but this is a brand new one. The old one was saved in a file format that doesn't transfer to my current software. However the premise is still the same. I am not planning to recreate all of Manhattan or NYC with this. The model will focus solely on the WTC site and a 1-3 block radius around it. It will be improved as new information on the towers and lowrises become available as well as when I feel like working on this.

Now onto the renders.

Overview

Broadway and Vessey

Fulton St. Wedge

Grenwich and Fulton

Grenwich and Liberty

West and Liberty

·
Registered
169 Posts
great start STR! :applause: :cheers: :shocked: btw do you use 3dmax8?

·
Registered
169 Posts
i like that last one. i miss those twin towers. 3dmax 7 eh.. i just started teaching myself that software. ( i am practicing partical effects) that software is not easy to learn, you really have a good skill.

·
What'u smokin' Willis?
2,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hmm. I never got the particle effects working. I tried a couple of times, but since I really don't use them or need to use them, I gave up.

·
Banned
1,081 Posts
Great pics, STR!!

The other towers look a whole lot better than those ugly ones that His Excellency
Ambassador Libeskind had wanted.

·
Registered
264 Posts
the last pic looks good but that triangle shape i think spoils it, and those other towers, but seeing that last pic can you imagine if the was two WOW it would look like the north and south towers. would have been great

·
What'u smokin' Willis?
2,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Vessey St, looking west

From the roof of 7WTC

Grenwich and Dey St, the PATH station is to the immediate right.

Goldman Sachs HQ, just off the WTC site.

After one weekend of work, here's another overview shot.

·
Registered
169 Posts
WOW :eek2: very nice STR! are you gonna make the rest of Manhatten? i am just wondering.

·
Long live the Twins!
1,116 Posts
Daquan13 said:
Great pics, STR!!

The other towers look a whole lot better than those ugly ones that His Excellency
Ambassador Libeskind had wanted.
haha, i agree. for towers 2, 3, and 4, they might as well as build larger versions of the new 7 wtc instead of having to wait for other architects to finish the job of designing them.

·
What'u smokin' Willis?
2,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
blackhawk08 said:
WOW :eek2: very nice STR! are you gonna make the rest of Manhatten? i am just wondering.
STR said:
I am not planning to recreate all of Manhattan or NYC with this. The model will focus solely on the WTC site and a 1-3 block radius around it.

·
Banned
1,081 Posts
7 World Trade said:
haha, i agree. for towers 2, 3, and 4, they might as well as build larger versions of the new 7 wtc instead of having to wait for other architects to finish the job of designing them.

I think you got a good point there, 7 World Trade!

Having other architects assigned to do those other four towers seems to just s-l-o-w things down even more to me!! :eek2:

But it also signifies that all leftover creations from the Libeskind design will be gone for good!! His ugly design of the Freedom Tower was unbuildable, and so the other ugly creations for the other towers are probably unbuildable as well. :cheers:

·
Long live the Twins!
1,116 Posts
:eek2: holy cow! that's scary progress rite there! :eek2:

that must've taken hours and hours of work and research on your part to get that far! all i can say is that it's a job well done...

1 - 20 of 26 Posts