SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
MEOW!
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright so here post all the pictures of the World Trade Center that date from September 11, 2001 12am - September 11, 2001 8:45am, just make sure they are from 9/11 but before the first plane hit. This will be really interesting to see.

Here is a picture I have from 7am on that September 11, 2001 morning:

·
For the Horde.
846 Posts
I posted this in the Mega WTC thread, but here you go:

This one is even closer to the time of impact. I don't remember where this is from, but this was taken the morning of 9/11.

And the exif data for the photo. Note the time.

·
Georgia Tech
4,406 Posts
Don't know if this counts.

The page it was posted on was absolutely horrid. Blamed Jews for everything that happened. The author had the audacity to post a close up of a jumper with his guts spilled on the streets and say "Hope this 9/11 jumper was a Jew". My PC froze on it and made me nauseous looking at it. Just terrible.

·
Real Horrorshow
23,394 Posts
That's not a real photo; there were no clouds on 9/11.

And yeah, the world has its share of psychopaths. Just ignore them...

·
Registered
113 Posts
I'm pretty sure this is from the early morning of the 11th, though the site claims it's from the 10th (there were thick clouds on that day, however)
The sun looks like it's shining from the west onto the Manhattan skyline, so it couldn't be from September 11 given that the WTC would have been gone by the time the sun hit from that angle.

·
Registered
898 Posts
The sun looks like it's shining from the west onto the Manhattan skyline, so it couldn't be from September 11 given that the WTC would have been gone by the time the sun hit from that angle.
Yeah there is no way it is from the 11th, and we know the 10th had some pretty wild thunderstorms. Gotta be from before that.

·
User
5,634 Posts
Don't know if this counts.

The page it was posted on was absolutely horrid. Blamed Jews for everything that happened. The author had the audacity to post a close up of a jumper with his guts spilled on the streets and say "Hope this 9/11 jumper was a Jew". My PC froze on it and made me nauseous looking at it. Just terrible.
this photo is definitely not real. it was such a clear sunny and blue sky day, i can remember it vividly.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I just ran across an incredible video that I've never seen. It's from CNN Money Morning at 6 AM on September 11. It includes a predawn shot of the World Trade Center. The host even mentions the World Trade Center when looking at the shot. Very eerie to watch when you realize what would happen just 2 hours and 45 minutes later.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIeNFYk1d3M

·
Clover + Bot
120 Posts
I just ran across an incredible video that I've never seen. It's from CNN Money Morning at 6 AM on September 11. It includes a predawn shot of the World Trade Center. The host even mentions the World Trade Center when looking at the shot. Very eerie to watch when you realize what would happen just 2 hours and 45 minutes later.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIeNFYk1d3M
I was about to post something sort of similar. This video doesn't show the WTC until later, but it's still eerie seeing everyone so cheerful when you know what's about to happen just a few minutes later.

even crazier that they were talking about Howard Hughes when the first plane hit

·
Registered
898 Posts
Yep that is what I was watching that morning. It's still absolutely crazy to think about. Kind of like seeing the "innocence" of the 90s here in the US disappear in a split second.

·
Registered
12,865 Posts
I don't want to make too big a deal about this but...it is now mid 2013 and the events of 9/11/2001 stay close to the surface of my mind...maybe because I have stood atop the WTC and saw it on live TV being destroyed, then travelling half way around the world again saw it as a hole in the ground on the 2007 anniversary...Not sure if all this is good ? For me or anyone ? But it is amazing however way you look at it...It's a huge moment in my lifetime and I am just one of billions...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts