Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I thought I'd create a thread to keep all polls on the WTC rebuilding issue from other websites in one place. Feel free to post about any polls that you find.

Currently there's a poll going on at the NY Daily News website about the Trump/Gardner plan... 86% of respondents are currently in favor of it, the highest ever for a poll on that paticular plan.

The link is at http://www.nydailynews.com on the right hand side of the page, about halfway down.

·
Professional
764 Posts
these are not scientific polls.. they are flat out popularity contests where you have a group of people hell bent on getting their voice heard so they are probably voting multiple times to skew the results....

·
Lurker
1,816 Posts
But I know that's not your point - True, it's accuracy isn't too credible, but with all the polls reflecting the same results, it can't be too far off.-?

·
Professional
764 Posts
well initially you can only vote once, but if you are determined you can vote as much as you want...just a matter of cookies...

i just remember a couple years ago when they were trying to pick a design for the new peace bridge in buffalo connecting to canada, they had an online poll and even though you could only vote once supposedly the thing was a huge failure bc they found what certainly looked like a small group of determined individuals who skewed the results by a large margin...

just consider the last presidential election... exit polls, which are scientific, were way off in some cases...something that hasn't happened in the history of the use of the exit polls.... so now consider we are talking about an entirely unscientific poll with little or no real regulations, there is really no way to tell how well it reflects the true feelings...

and at least with exit polls for voting, you are only talking to people who are actaully voting, so they show some level of concern or interest... now granted there are plenty of new yorkers and americans who are interested in the WTC rebuilding plan, but there are also plenty out there who really don't care one way or the other... i think you can assume only those who care a good deal will take the few seconds to vote in the poll...

and i would also go so far as to say those who are against trumps idea are probably less motivated to vote than those who are for you... i mean i would never bother to vote on it, b/c i just don't care for trumps plan even enough to vote against it on an online poll [yes i'm aware i may have voted against it on a poll on this very site, but this is more or a hobby :)]

i just don't think we can trust the online polls that much

1 - 5 of 5 Posts