Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 721 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Wuhan (simplified Chinese: 武汉) is the capital of Hubei province, and is the most populous city in central People's Republic of China. It lies at the east of Jianghan Plain, and the intersection of the middle reaches of the Yangtze and Han River. Arising out of the conglomeration of three boroughs, Wuchang, Hankou, and Hanyang, Wuhan is known as the "thoroughfare of nine provinces"; it is a major transportation hub, with dozens of railways, roads and expressways passing through the city. The city of Wuhan, first termed as such in 1927, has a population of approximately 9,100,000 people (2006), with about 6,100,000 residents in its urban area. In the 1920s, Wuhan was the capital of a leftist Kuomintang (KMT) government led by Wang Jingwei in opposition to Chiang Kai-shek, now Wuhan is recognized as the political, economic, financial, cultural, educational and transportation center of central China.
(wikipedia)

·
Registered
14 Posts
How do you get the photos to become so clear? All my night photos tend to get blurry :(

Fantastic photos, I will visit Wuhan, so it's really nice to see Wuhan in action.

·
武昌虎泉啤酒&#
534 Posts
Optical Valley of China (Wuhan) pictures (武汉的中国光谷)

All pics following were shot in the Area of Wuchang's "Optical valley of China". Home to a bunch of high tech companies, a grand scale exhibition center as well as first class hotels and surrounded by several universities working hand in hand with the local industry it will certainly play a key role in Wuhan's further development. Here we go...

comments and questions are welcome. :cheers:

·
武昌虎泉啤酒&#
534 Posts
some more...

Yes, there r many projects and there is much more to come. The optical valley area will also be connected to the wuhan metro (which is under construction these days) providing a fast connection to Hankou.

Here is the rest of my pics, most of them showing the Exhibition Center and its surrounding...

·
Registered
258 Posts
no mate, 武汉光谷做的是光纤,光通信,激光。。
光纤到户,武汉全中国大陆第一个使用。。。
华中的激光产品你去打听打听在国内国外的地位。。
你是来自哪里的,敢这样瞧不起光谷?报上名来先。。。

·
Registered
16 Posts
武汉的光谷是很有名的,华工的激光也是长期占垄断地位的。 不过光谷作为产业群,随着周厅长升到北京当部长以及光纤饱和,严重供大于求后,基本上影响就很小了。

1 - 20 of 721 Posts