SkyscraperCity banner

181 - 200 of 3103 Posts

·
The Explorer
5,130 Posts
Some more renders I found today during my ctbuh lurking. This one is definitely beautiful detail wise.

A taller version of the People's Daily headquarters in Beijing?! :eek2:

Reactions: Highcliff

·
whitest boy in the delta
12,491 Posts
haha so they really revised it upwards to beat Shanghai Tower, i wonder when they will realize that Ping-An also exists :lol:. But anyway amazing news! Wuhan is really ambitious with two megatalls, if all build it can easily compete with Shenzhen's and Tianjin's skyline

·
whitest boy in the delta
12,491 Posts
even the news say "world's second tallest" and "china's tallest". do they really believe they can finish the building before ping-an?

·
The Explorer
5,130 Posts
^^ Another massive development for Wuhan.... :banana:

·
Registered
3,778 Posts
I think they are making foundation piles already. Its taking way too much time as just for prep.

·
Registered
705 Posts
I think they are making foundation piles already. Its taking way too much time as just for prep.
Is everyone here 22 years old? The impatience that is displayed in most threads is very revealing.

These are cutting edge, 600+m buildings, they don't go up overnight.

·
Registered
3,778 Posts
Is everyone here 22 years old? The impatience that is displayed in most threads is very revealing.

These are cutting edge, 600+m buildings, they don't go up overnight.
Hehe couple years over 22 actually :D But you misunderstood my post buddy ;) I didn't expressed impatience but an opinion about construction status. I think they are working around a year on this site. And I see from the pictures that pilling rigs (or similar machines) are on site. Now, this piles/beams they are drilling may be not for the foundation (in which case its not U/C by this site standards) but just supports for temporary structures such as they made for example on ping an site. And on pingan they haven't made foundation piles before digging (just piles for temporary platforms) so everything before foundation were constructed counted as prep. But there is another possibility as we've seen on shanghai tower construction for example, that they drill all foundation piles actually before digging in which case the status is U/C before digging already. All that leads me to the conclusion that because they use drilling equipment so long here and still don't dig I guess they are drilling foundation as we speak and when the hole is excavated they will have to just pour the concrete slab and the tower will start to rise.

So before you'll get overexcited again about someone else post think twice ;)

Oh and about megatals rising overnight actually china is planning one :D

·
Registered
3,778 Posts
i'm almost 24 ;).

I also wonder why the Prep. are taking so long but for me it doesn't look like they're working on the foundations already.
Well all we can do is to speculate. But the fact is that we can see a lot of pilling rigs as well as lots of rebars and prepared rainforcement cages for the piles on the picture below. All that can be just for the temporary platforms/supports. But as I said imo it takes to much time as just for this purpouse.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Those renders at the top of the page have this build at the top of my most favourites, with Shanghai Tower being a close #2. Really, just a stunningly beautiful design.

181 - 200 of 3103 Posts