1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
25,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
whitest boy in the delta
12,499 Posts
finally some news for it :cheers: hope with "phase 2" they do not plan to start when greenland center is completely finished, because that'll be a while ;) the differences in height are really well balanced, so it seems to be a gradual step up in the skyline. the first renders seem to suggest that they may be planned to get a similar design, that maybe one architect can jump in and make both as semi twin towers, which would be nice, but it also just may be because they are concept that they chose to make them the same but mirrored design.

Reactions: Zaz965

·
whitest boy in the delta
12,499 Posts
^^
pretty similar to Shanghai Tower and SWFC, but as a complex by only one developer

·
whitest boy in the delta
12,499 Posts
Only one developer, so I wouldn't expect something to happen before the main tower is much further into construction. But I could be wrong

·
Registered
973 Posts
oh my, this would be great, Wuhan is becoming like Shanghai this tickles me in the right way, their future skyline will be magnificent

·
Registered
11,365 Posts
Speechless.♥;127753610 said:
Unless the heights won´t be reduced too much. However, I can´t help myself, maybe that´s because of Wuhan´s river and it´s surroundings, Wuhan doesn´t seems to me very beautiful. I´d like many Wuhan´s projects to stand in some other cityes.
I find such reasoning hard to follow.

Wuhan as a city doesn't deserve to build such projects ? But other cities do?

On what basis is such a determibation made? The very reason these projects are being undertaken is to provide the city with iconic buildings commensurate with its status as an economic hub in the region. Something befitting its status so to speak.

·
whitest boy in the delta
12,499 Posts
The problem as I see it is that Wuhan's skyline is extremely spread out. Around Minsheng Bank we have an area developing with several skyscrapers, but that's about it as of now. All other skyscrapers and supertalls are basically alone, luckily Greenland proposes side towers and might have a skyline of its own with this and Wuhan Center is also surrounded by a bunch of crazy projects, but this leaves two areas to develop in the hands of one developer each. In the best scenario, we have Wuhan booming more than most cities, because it offers a lot of plots close to extremely dense areas booming with skyscrapers, in the worst case these one developer plans fail and we have an extremely disjoined skyline which leads to more random projects popping up instead of being centered around a focal point.

·
whitest boy in the delta
12,499 Posts
giving this in the hand of one developer for each CBD is dangerous though. At least the Erqi Area might be developed by many different developers and yield more than just one Tower in the end.

·
Registered
984 Posts
The problem as I see it is that Wuhan's skyline is extremely spread out. Around Minsheng Bank we have an area developing with several skyscrapers, but that's about it as of now. All other skyscrapers and supertalls are basically alone, luckily Greenland proposes side towers and might have a skyline of its own with this and Wuhan Center is also surrounded by a bunch of crazy projects, but this leaves two areas to develop in the hands of one developer each. In the best scenario, we have Wuhan booming more than most cities, because it offers a lot of plots close to extremely dense areas booming with skyscrapers, in the worst case these one developer plans fail and we have an extremely disjoined skyline which leads to more random projects popping up instead of being centered around a focal point.
But having a extremly spread out skyline is also something special, and maybe in the future not the skyline but the city will have an extremly futuristic look because of that. If we really get so many megatalls and supertalls built arround the river and spread out it could someday look like a city out of a science fiction movie (for example it could look a bit like the city in the first level of mass effect 3). Building like that would make Wuhan somehow unique and because of that I am especially curious how Wuhan will turn out. Just imagine to drive along the river and megatalls or supertalls appear all the time.

·
whitest boy in the delta
12,499 Posts
i think that's the smaller towers behind the supertalls. The three supertalls are all in a line, same distance from the river.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts