SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 455 Posts

·
Manila, PH
6,528 Posts
hey Wyn, welcome back. It's been a while. Haven't seen you lately sa Photo 101 thread. :) you came back...with a photo. Been there too. Pero wala pa tayo matinong camera nun. Nice composition by the way. Do you have a version of this na me nakadungaw sa window? :D

·
HRH
998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
^^Hehe oo nga eh. Ngayon lang uli ako bumalik sa hobby ko eh. Nag tour kasi kami sa Bataan (Mt. Samat and Corregidor). Kakatakot dumungaw sa labas kakalula. If asa observatory ka siguro ~500meters ung altitude mo kaya nakakakulala. I'll try to post here regularly.

·
Manila, PH
6,528 Posts
500m, now i realize you might be true, kasi in the first place it's on top of a mountain. above sea level. 2004 pa kami napunta diyan. then sa me Power Plant. Nakaka miss magbakasyon at walang iniisip na problema or work. see you around buddy.

·
HRH
998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Harvest Moon

EXIF Information
Camera make: NIKON CORPORATION
Camera model: NIKON D50
Date/Time: 2007:02:17 08:50:12
Resolution: 800 x 485
Color/bw: Black and white
Flash used: No
Focal length: 300.0mm
Exposure time: 0.0025 s (1/400)
Aperture: f/11.0
Metering Mode: center weight
Jpeg process: Baseline

·
I got my eye on you.
24,691 Posts
Don't know what to think about this one. :?

·
HRH
998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Christmas

EXIF Information
File date: 2006:12:25 08:35:41
Camera make: NIKON CORPORATION
Camera model: NIKON D50
Date/Time: 2006:12:23 21:10:20
Resolution: 800 x 570
Flash used: No
Focal length: 31.0mm
Exposure time: 1.000 s
Aperture: f/4.5
Metering Mode: matrix
Jpeg process: Baseline

·
I got my eye on you.
24,691 Posts
Nice. Could've been more sharper though.

·
HRH
998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
^^Just anything that you think about the photo. Photography is a way of a person to express himself. Thus, it is a really subjective when it comes to judging. I always encourage in most of the photo sites that I uploaded to give their thoughts on the photo usually if they give it a low one.

I shot this one in a boat ride from Batangas pier to Puerto Galera. I put my 70-300mm lens in to its maximum range and I need to compensate with the shutter speed. Typically at 300mm you need 1/300 of a sec to avoid blurry shots. I use burst mode to capture more pics at a time and to have a higher probability of getting a sharp photo of the subject. Change it to B/W and crop some of the water in the lower part of the original photo and some of the sky above and a little of the sea on the left. That will give a tighter crop. wider aperture gives a sharp focus on the water and the crane and descriminate the ladder and the farthest part of the ship.

·
The Original is The Best
6,408 Posts
^ If I had not read the technical difficulty and the photographic skills needed in taking that shot, it does not really evoke anything in me. As you said, how one sees it is subjective.

I think it will look better in color than in B/W.

I wonder what made you decide to put this up as your entry and why you made it B/W.

I have seen some of your photographs @wynngd and I have been very impressed with them. I remember the first one you posted of the telescope trained at the constellation Orion in a clear night sky. That was really a superb shot.

Just the two cents of an untrained eye but who appreciates photography as it subjectively appeals to her (my) untrained eyes.

·
HRH
998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
^^Thanks Lily, I agree with you. It's the subject probably. I prefer B/W because the color of the ship is too dull. The color is not in agreement with the sea and the background.

·
The Original is The Best
6,408 Posts
^ But you know, it was really interesting on how it threw me off seeing the title expecting the so predictable shot of a beautiful moon light, and then see the vessel named Harvest Moon. It reminds me of that classic "Das Boot". :)

·
HRH
998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I used tripod on this shot last year and this is the sharpest I could get. The subject in the foreground is made up of clay figurine. It has a very smooth surface yet painted with soft white color. USM did not do much on this. It will just high light the background.

Thanks for the comment though. This is the first time I got the concern on the softness of the FG. I'll take a look at it on my original copy so I can zoom it in more.

1 - 20 of 455 Posts