SkyscraperCity banner

921 - 940 of 1011 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
A coś wiadomo kiedy 3 pasy ma M7 w obwodnicy Nass ? Znaczy się kiedy ruch puszczą po całej jezdni nie kiedy zakończą inwestycje

·
Registered
26,204 Posts
A coś wiadomo kiedy 3 pasy ma M7 w obwodnicy Nass ? Znaczy się kiedy ruch puszczą po całej jezdni nie kiedy zakończą inwestycje
Z tego co czytalem na irlandzkich forach to puszczenie ruchu na 2x3 jest coraz blizej.

Wg tego artykulu w lipcu:
https://www.leinsterleader.ie/news/home/420384/m7-motorway-traffic-will-move-more-freely-from-july.html

Ale budowa nowego wezla jeszcze troche potrwa, poodobnie z obwodnica Sallins.

Na tym forum jest fotka:
https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056598662&page=177

Ciezko znalezc nowe foty (w przeciwienstwie do budowy mostu na N25)

W miedzyczasie w Irlandii Polnocnej rozkreca sie budowa 30km odcinka A6 w okolicach Derry. To czesc trasy laczacej Derry/Londonderry z Belfastem:

Dla orientacji mapa gdzie to jest:

http://www.wesleyjohnston.com/roads/index.html

·
Registered
26,204 Posts
ale te połączenie filigranowo wygląda :)
Faktycznie most wydaje sie optycznie "lekki".

Jeszcze kilka przelotow dronem znad najwiekszej inwestycji drogowej w UK czyli przebudowy A14 w okolicy Cambridge i Huntingdon:
https://highwaysengland.co.uk/a14-cambridge-to-huntingdon-improvement-scheme-about/

Poza tym w UK niwiele sie dzieje pod wzgledem drogowym, glownie drobnica.

Oczywiscie pomijajac kontrowersyjne przebudowy autostrad z ukladu 2x3 na 2x4 ale bez pobocza. W ostatnich latach zrobilo sie to popularne ale pojawiaja sie glosy ze powoduje obnizenie bezpieczenstwa pomimo nazywania tego szumnie "smart motorways".

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2019/apr/08/aa-safety-warning-smart-motorways-hard-shoulder

The AA has expressed safety concerns about a plan to remove the hard shoulder from hundreds of miles of motorway over the next six years.

A network of so-called smart motorways will be without the traditional emergency lane, while emergency laybys will be closer together.

The speed limit past roadworks will also be increased from 50mph to 60mph as part of the introduction of “digital roads”.

The system, in which the hard shoulder will be taken away from 400 miles of motorway, will be safer because emergency laybys allowed vehicles to pull off the motorway, separating them from fast-moving traffic, according to Highways England.

Its chief executive, Jim O’Sullivan, told the Times: “With the volume, speed and size of modern cars, the refuge areas are safer than the hard shoulder. You will not get a car or truck drifting into the emergency refuge area whereas they can and do drift into the hard shoulder.

“We are now well into smart motorway operation and the statistics we have are reliable. They are telling us that the safety record on smart motorways is arguably better than what we see on conventional motorways.”

One in 10 deaths on motorways occur on the hard shoulder, according to Highways England, and usually happen when vehicles hit stationary ones from behind.

However, motoring groups have raised safety fears. “We support road improvements to remove pinch points and improve motorway capacity but not if it compromises road safety,” said Edmund King, the AA president, which has been campaigning for laybys or emergency refuge areas (ERAs) on smart motorways.

ERAs would be safer than a hard shoulder if motorists could get to them, said King, who warned it was potentially more dangerous to exit an emergency layby than a hard shoulder as it was difficult to get up to speed.

The lack of hard shoulder also meant it took emergency vehicles longer to get to incidents due to traffic filling all lanes. King said: “Renaming smart motorways as ‘digital roads’ doesn’t mean the system still won’t crash. We are happy to embrace technology but more physical emergency laybys would reassure drivers and make our roads safer.”

The AA expressed concerns about smart motorways last month after the death of a motorist on a section of the M1 without a hard shoulder.

Smart motorways are part of a plan by Highways England to reduce congestion. The routes feature technology designed to monitor traffic levels, change speed limits and close lanes to allow emergency vehicles through.

The first such motorway was launched on the M42 in 2006. Journey reliability improved by 22% and the number of personal injury accidents were reduced by more than half, according to Highways England.
Podobny artykul:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-46553654

The rollout of smart motorways, where the hard shoulder has been permanently converted into a fourth lane, should be stopped, a group of MPs says.

The all-party group backed campaigners who say having no hard shoulder puts motorists and recovery workers at risk.

England has more than 100 miles (161km) of All Lane Running (ALR) smart motorways, with 225 miles more planned.

MP Tracey Crouch said the rollout should be paused, but Highways England said ALR smart motorways were safe.

Smart motorways work by using the hard shoulder as a fourth lane, with variable speed limits to control the flow of traffic.

There are three main types of smart motorways in the UK:
-controlled
-dynamic hard shoulder - where the hard shoulder is used as a lane in busy traffic
-ALR - where the hard shoulder is permanently a fourth lane

It is the ALR schemes which are the most common and that are causing the greatest concern.

Figures from Highways England, obtained by the RAC via a Freedom of Information request, show that at the end of 2017 there were 100 miles of ALR motorway in England.

Last year, on these stretches there were 16 crashes across all lanes which caused injury involving stationary vehicles, such as broken-down cars.

The figures also show that over the same period, there were 29 similar crashes involving vehicles parked up on the hard shoulder for the whole of the rest of the network in England - which includes about 1,800 miles of road.
The Campaign for Safer Roadside Rescue and Recovery (CSRRR) wants the rollout of this ALR scheme to be stopped - and for recovery workers to be able to use red flashing lights rather than orange.

The campaign is being led by Samantha Cockerill - whose partner Steve Godbold, a vehicle recovery worker, was killed in September 2017 when an HGV strayed on to the hard shoulder of the M25.

She calls the new ALR smart motorways "crazy" and says they increase the risk to recovery workers.

She is now being backed by the all-party parliamentary group,

Tracey Crouch, Conservative MP for Chatham and Aylesford, who sits on the group, told 5 live Investigates the rollout should be halted with immediate effect.

"We need the government to pause and reflect on whether we're getting this right," she said.

The introduction of ALR smart motorways should be halted "until we have a better understanding about how we can protect those who have broken down and the recovery workers that come to assist them", she added.

·
Registered
26,204 Posts
Otwarli (czesciowo)

https://www.joe.ie/motors/three-lanes-m7-now-reopened-672671

Three lanes are reopening on the M7 in Kildare this morning, 17 June.

Works to widen the roads between Naas and Newbridge started in January 2018 and the project was due to finish in April, however, it was delayed.

Kildare County Council have now stated that "three lanes will be available to traffic on the M7/N7 Eastbound carriageway from Junction 10 (Naas South) through to Junction 8 (Johnstown)".

The M7 is being widened from two to three lanes on a 13.6km stretch between Naas and Newbridge, between Junction 8 (Johnstown) and Junction 11 where the M7 and M9 meet.

Motorists are advised that the reduced temporary speed limit of 60kph will remain in place while works are ongoing at locations on the verge/hard shoulder area.

The recent renovations are part of a three-phase plan that will cost €120 million. The improvements are designed to ease congestion towards Dublin.

On Monday week, 24 June, three westbound lanes between Johnstown and Naas South should be opening too.

Kildare County Council said: "It is anticipated that, on the week commencing 24 June, three lanes will be available Westbound from Junction 8 (Johnstown), to Junction 10 (Naas South). At that time, the temporary speed limit will be increased on both the Eastbound and Westbound carriageways to 80kph between Junction 8 (Johnstown), to Junction 10 (Naas South).

"Lane restrictions and the 60kph temporary speed limit will remain in place in both directions between Junction 10 (Naas South) and Junction 11 (M7/M9 merge) until further notice."

·
Registered
26,204 Posts
Budowa/przebudowa A14 w okiolicach Cambridge i Huntingdon:

I jeszcze taki news:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-48723302

Temporary 50mph speed limits on two stretches of the M4 - introduced to cut air pollution through built-up areas - are to be made permanent.

The limit was reduced on the motorway and on stretches of A-road in December 2018 in an attempt to cut nitrogen dioxide emissions.

The High Court had ordered ministers to act after they failed to meet EU targets on air pollution.

The Welsh Government has now confirmed the restrictions will stay permanently.

The 50mph limits are at the M4 Port Talbot, M4 Newport, A470 Pontypridd, A483 Wrexham and A494 Deeside.
"It was established that a 50mph speed threshold alone was the measure that would achieve compliance in the shortest time possible," he said.

"The current speed limit in place will be retained through permanent traffic regulation orders and remain in force to maintain air quality standards."

·
Registered
26,204 Posts
Obwodnica Ennicorthy ma byc podobno otwarta w tym miesiacu.

Fotki ze strony kontraktu:
https://www.m11gtoe.ie/gallery/

Tutaj obwodnica bedzie sie konczyc, na poludnie od Enniscorthy:

·
Registered
26,204 Posts
W porównaniu z polskimi standardami to bida aż piszczy.
Pod jakim wzgledem? Masz jakies konkretne techniczne uwagi czy znowu piszesz dla samego pisania?

Co do szerokosci i braku rezerwy pod wiecej pasow to akurat przy liczbie mieszkancow, gestosci zaludnienia i braku tranzytu wiecej w Irlandii nie potrzeba. To byloby absolutne wyrzucanie pieniedzy w bloto.

Za to podoba mi sie instalacja odblaskow i nawierzchnia dobrze odprowadzajaca wode. Jezdzilem w ulewie i w Polsce i w Irlandii i nie wiem jak to robia ale u nich lepiej i szybciej splywa woda.

Generalnie pomijajac Dublin i okolice to jezdzi sie tam swietnie z powodu niewielkiego ruchu. Niektorzy narzekaja ze nawet takie autostrady sa przeskalowane jak na ich potrzeby. W zeszlym roku bylem na M9 w okolicach Waterford i faktycznie byly pustki.

Barrow Bridge na N25 coraz blizej konca:

·
Registered
11,120 Posts
Pod jakim wzgledem? Masz jakies konkretne techniczne uwagi czy znowu piszesz dla samego pisania?

Co do szerokosci i braku rezerwy pod wiecej pasow to akurat przy liczbie mieszkancow, gestosci zaludnienia i braku tranzytu wiecej w Irlandii nie potrzeba. To byloby absolutne wyrzucanie pieniedzy w bloto.

Za to podoba mi sie instalacja odblaskow i nawierzchnia dobrze odprowadzajaca wode. Jezdzilem w ulewie i w Polsce i w Irlandii i nie wiem jak to robia ale u nich lepiej i szybciej splywa woda.
Wiesz sorry że Ci się wcinam w wątek ale jak w przyszłej perspektywie UE nie będzie tak hojna - to niektórzy to mocarstwowe pisanie o Polsce zweryfikują - tym bardziej że co niektórzy w Polsce wypasionymi S-kami chcą ogarniać odpowiedniki pustych rejonów Szkocji czy Irlandii - coś co w ogóle na koniec budowy sieci powinno się robić.

·
Registered
26,204 Posts
Wiesz sorry że Ci się wcinam w wątek ale jak w przyszłej perspektywie UE nie będzie tak hojna - to niektórzy to mocarstwowe pisanie o Polsce zweryfikują - tym bardziej że co niektórzy w Polsce wypasionymi S-kami chcą ogarniać odpowiedniki pustych rejonów Szkocji czy Irlandii - coś co w ogóle na koniec budowy sieci powinno się robić.
W przypadku Irlandii najwiekszym problemem nie jest kasa ale planowanie i uzyskanie wszelkich pozwolen. Procedury ciagna sie latami i na kazdym kroku decyzje moga zaskarzyc rozni NIMBYs.

Np jest projet budowy krotkiej autostrady M28 od obwodnicy Cork do portu w Ringaskiddy gdzie przenoszony jest obecnie terminal kontenerowy. To raptem 12,5km ale okoliczni mieszkancy walcza, sprawa obecnie dotarla do sadu najwyzszego gdzie utknela :eek:hno:
https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/ireland/challenge-to-proposed-220m-cork-to-ringaskiddy-motorway-gets-underway-at-high-court-907319.html

A High Court challenge against An Bord Pleanála's decision to give the green-light to a €220m motorway linking the south of Cork city to the new Port of Cork got underway today.

The 12.5km M28 development links the Bloomfield Interchange on the existing N28 junction with the N40 South Ring road junction and the Port of Cork to the east of the village of Ringaskiddy.

Today, Mr Justice Michael McGrath heard submissions from counsel for the M28 Steering Group, an umbrella organisation of residents' associations representing some of the households living in areas close to the route of the proposed motorway.

The opening submissions largely focussed on the alleged impact the proposed motorway would have on the Raffeen Quarry, where objectors have said rare habitats would be disrupted by the works.

Those opposed to the proposal have concerns about the proximity the motorway would have to homes in the Rochestown, Maryborough, Douglas, and Mount Oval suburbs of the city.

Residents who object to the scheme say the motorway will cause more pollution and noise, and will have a significant detrimental impact on the amenity of their homes.
Z kolei kolejny projekt, przebudowa ronda w Dunkettle (na obwodnicy Cork) na wezel bezkolizyjny sie przeciga bo wykonawca chce dodatkowe pieniadze twierdzac ze napotkal nieprzewidziane trudnosci gruntowe:

https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/views/analysis/long-wait-goes-on-for-key-roads-project-935591.html

A significant upgrade of the Dunkettle Interchange was first announced in 2011. Cost overruns to the €100m project, revealed by this paper last week, could seeit delayed by up to 18 months, which would mean the entire process will have taken more than a decade. Joe Leogue looks back at the long-awaited plan.

Recognising that the northern gateway into Cork City was a traffic blackspot, in April 2011 the National Roads Authority — which would later become Transport Infrastructure Ireland — unveiled five different options for the Dunkettle Interchange.

It had optimistically scheduled construction on the chosen plan to begin in 2014, once flyovers at the Bandon and Sarsfield Road roundabouts on the south of Cork City were completed.

The plan that was eventually selected included the creation of a number of dedicated local access roads around the junction, separating those making local journeys from regional and national journeys.

The designers proposed removing the signalised roundabout at the northern end of the tunnel for total free flow, while a dedicated slip road would be built on the city side of the tunnel so traffic could directly access the northbound lanes of the M8 Cork-Dublin motorway.

An Bord Pleanála’s oral hearing on the plan took place over two days in November 2012.

Inspectors were told that the infrastructure project was vital for the growth of the city and county, with projects such as the relocation of the Port of Cork to Ringaskiddy cited as an example of developments that needed an upgraded interchange if they were to happen.

Plans for a deep-water terminal in Ringaskiddy had previously been rejected on the grounds that the extra traffic generated would overwhelm an interchange already above capacity.

A planned science park at Curraheen was also raised at the meeting as evidence the works are needed — as was a major housing development at Glanmire that was dependent on an upgraded interchange to get the go-ahead from planners.

There were, however, some objections from locals who expressed fears that over development of the area would cause flooding, while others were concerned about the noise associated with the increased traffic using the interchange.

Despite this, in May 2013 the planning watchdog gave the NRA the green light for its plans, with conditions.

An Bord Pleanála voted by three-to-one to approve the scheme, and gave the all-clear for the issuing of compulsory purchase orders to buy up the land needed to construct some of the slip roads.

From that point on, however, the question of funding the project — estimated to cost in the region of €100m — has dogged its development.

By 2015, little work had been carried out. Paschal Donohoe, then the transport minister, told the Dáil he appreciated the importance of the project to Cork, but warned that “unfortunately, the financial realities are that the budgets proposed for my Department for 2016 and 2017 will continue to be very tight, limiting the scope for progressing additional new projects”.

Long-awaited news of funding for the project came six months later.

In September 2015, the Government announced a €27bn capital programme spread over six years — including the Dunkettle Interchange. From that point on, TII became responsible for answering as to the progress of the project.

Parliamentary questions on Dunkettle were invariably met with the reply that the transport minister of the day is responsible for policy and funding, but the planning and design is a matter for the TII.

Since then, advance works have been carried out and the design has been finalised.

However, in recent months the lack of a firm commitment for a starting date has caused concerns,as did the TII’s statement that it is “currently progressing on the establishment of the target cost” with the contractor.

Those concerns were realised last week when the Irish Examiner revealed a TII document that warned “at this early stage of assessment, there are areas of significant differences with the contractor in relation to pricing rates submitted”.

It cautioned that a failure to reach agreement on the cost — now estimated at €115m and some putting the figure rising to as much as €170m — would necessitate the replacement of contractors Sisk with another company, a procurement process that would delay the completion by some 12-18 months.

Fears that the project may even be scrapped as a result of the overruns were allayed by Taoiseach Leo Varadkar, who said there was no chance it would not go ahead — but he did not rule out that it might be delayed.

It was envisaged that the new Dunkettle Interchange would be operational by June 2022.

A worst-case scenario of an 18-month delay would mean works would not start until the first quarter of 2021.

There’s a long road to go yet on this key infrastructural project.
Czyli od decyzji o budowie do rozpoczecia moze uplynac 10 lat, i to akurat na inwestycji gdzie nie bylo jakichs specjalnych protestow bo to w sumie tylko przebudowa wezla :nuts:

Generalnie Cork i okolice maaja pecha co do projektow, niewiele sie tam pod wzgledem drogowym dzieje :eek:hno:

Co do profilu i standardu autostrad to naprawde nie moge sie przyczepic, jezdzi sie swietnie.

Stopien ponizej sa drogi dwujezdniowe z rondami i bez pasow awaryjnych. Tutaj mam troche mieszane uczucia. Ale warto pamietac ze alternatywa dla tych drog bylaby czesto trasa 1x2 z poboczami albo 1+2 a nie autostrada. To ja juz wole 2x2 bez poboczy.

To jeszcze zebym nie przynudzac dwa filmiki z budowy obwodnicy New Ross:

Coraz blizej konca.

·
Registered
26,204 Posts
Tak wiec w koncowej fazie sa obecnie w Irlandii trzy projekty:

Obwodnica Enniscorthy w ciagu M11 (otwarcie podobno 18 lipca)

Obwodnica New Ross (otwarcie podobno w tym roku)

Rozbudowa o trzeci pas na obciazonym odcinku M7 w okolicach Nass (prace coraz blizej konca czesc oscinka juz otwarta jako 2x3)

Natomiast rozpoczyna sie w zasadzie tylko jeden powazniejszy projekt czyli budowa trasy 2x2 w ciagu N4 na poludnie od Sligo:
http://www.sligococo.ie/N4/
2.58km of widening and improvement of the existing N4 Single Carriageway to a Type 2 Dual Carriageway from the existing N4/N17 Toberbride roundabout in Collooney to Doorly Td.;
12.12km of offline realignment from Doorly Td. to Cloghoge Lower Td., (11.23km between Doorly Td. and Castlebaldwin Junction is proposed to be Type 2 Dual Carriageway and the remaining tie-in section is proposed to be Type 1 Single Carriageway);

Rozpoczely sie prace strzelnicze:
https://www.oceanfm.ie/2019/07/04/blasting-works-start-on-route-of-new-n4-route-between-collooney-and-castlebaldwin/
Blasting works are starting on the route of the new N4 route between Collooney and Castlebaldwin.

They will not affect traffic on the N4 and there will be only about one blast a week.

The blasting works, to remove rock, will take place in the townland of Carrownagark, about four kilometres from Castlebaldwin.

It is proposed to carry out one blast weekly, on a Monday – and this is expected to continue for about eight months.

Ze wzgledu na skaliste podloze uzycie materialow wybuchowych jest w Irlandii powszechne na etapie prac ziemnych.

Dwa starsze strzaly z powietrza:
https://twitter.com/sligococo/status/1116696235799457792

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
W porównaniu z polskimi standardami to bida aż piszczy.
A co z tą drogą jest nie tak?

Wskaźniki odblaskowe (kocie oczy) wzdłuż linii na nawierzchni. Betonowa bariera, bezpieczniejsza w pasie rozdziału (a dla motocyklistów wszędzie) od stalowej. Czytelny drogowskaz zjazdowy. Sensowne łącznice o łagodnych łukach bez kretyńskiego ograniczenia 30-40km/h i wzniesieniu ułatwiającym odpowiednio rozpędzanie i hamowanie. Węzeł w postaci dużego skrzyżowania o ruchu okrężnym, dużo wygodniejszego w użytkowaniu od kombinacji dwóch mikroskopijnych rondek.

Coś przeoczyłem?

·
Registered
217 Posts
autostrady Irlandii to takie nasze eSki ale i ograniczenie podobne 120. Jednak rzeczywiście włączanie się do ruchu tzw "lejkami " jest wygodniejsze i bezpieczniejsze wymusza jakoby jazdę na suwak. Trzeba pamiętać że to wyspa dosyć mała bez tranzytu międzynarodowego.

921 - 940 of 1011 Posts