SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
which is bigger xiamen island or Hong Kong island?
xiamen island has one distinc advantage from hong kong island - flat land,while hong kong island is mountaineous island,not enough flat land.
xiamen really need is subway,and new regualtion,forcing the real estate developer to include parking garage building,at night,I notice most car parked in side walk or pedestirian lane,in other countries,the car could easily impounded by the city authority and large fine on the car owners.

·
Registered
19 Posts
i don't agree with Joel que .In actually Xiamen is also a mountaineous island.

This is a photo of Xiamen island.

Pay attention to the green part.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Though Xiaman island may be bigger than HK island, they are not comparable... I have never been to Xiaman, but my ex-gf came from there... I have been to HK though. HK island is far more fabulous than I expected; it is damn exciting and crowded, and also very rich, as you can see from its infrastructure and its people...I like the fact that HK island has a lot of mountains, it makes HK island look bigger...I love HK island!

·
Registered
123 Posts
I have never been to HK as yet. I have been to Xiamen. Xiamen is still comparatively smaller than HK. HK is very developed and a very sophisticated metropolis for international trade and finance.

Xiamen is still a small trading and international trade center compared to Shanghai. It is a Special Economic Zone and a sub provincial city. One day it could rival other major coastal cities. It is still very beautiful and busy for those who want to escape the hustle and bustle of big mega asian cities.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts