SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Live from the sky!
3,120 Posts
This is simply unbelievable. I'm also amazed at how mind-boggling big projects like this completely go under our radar. I mean 4 posts, for probably one of the biggest construction sites on earth?! Makes me wonder what else is going on in China. Shit, a single one of those twisting towers would have more than 100 pages if it was build in The Netherlands, and here they casually construct DOZENS. :nuts:

·
Registered
85 Posts
This is simply unbelievable. I'm also amazed at how mind-boggling big projects like this completely go under our radar. I mean 4 posts, for probably one of the biggest construction sites on earth?! Makes me wonder what else is going on in China. Shit, a single one of those twisting towers would have more than 100 pages if it was build in The Netherlands, and here they casually construct DOZENS. :nuts:
Yeah, everyone knows for example about the palm Jumeirah, but here artificial islands are not smaller - and nobody knows them! :eek:

·
Registered
85 Posts
I did some calculations about the area of the island:

The length and width of the "flower" are approximately equal to 2.28 km, which gives us an area of square 5.2 km². The area of the "flower" inscribed in this square is just about 3.81 km².
But this area is only one "flower", whereas there are also "leaves", the area of which is not taken into account, and if "leaves" is added to the "flower" area, we will probably get more than palm Jumeirah with its 5.72 km²!

Or maybe "leaves" is a separate project?

·
whitest boy in the delta
12,272 Posts
what a crazy project. even bigger than that crazy fish island close to Xiamen.

·
Yes We Can !
2,773 Posts
This is how I imagined Dubailand ten years back....

This even exceeds expectations of both Dubailand and Palm Jumeirah combined. I hope for some iconic 800+ building on the mainland CBD area...! :D

·
°°°°°°°°°°°°
2,833 Posts
Weird but fascinating! But what's up with that church square - it looks like it's a graveyard in the center (it's probably some kind of wedding center with several chapels) ..

1 - 20 of 74 Posts