Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like we finally got a president who understands the Energy issue.
God Bless Nigeria!!!
Yar’Adua Orders NNPC to Make Gas Available
• To set up Christian-Muslim C’ttee on peace
From Josephine Lohor in Abuja, 06.12.2007

President Umaru Musa Yar’Adua has charged the Nigerian National Petro-leum Corporation (NN-PC) to come up with plans that will increase the volume of gas currently available for domestic use.
The President who declared that he would see every Nigerian as his adviser as he stirs the ship of state, also promised to set up a joint committee of both Christians and Muslims for the sustenance of peace in the land.
Yar’Adua, who along with Vice President Goodluck Jonathan, met with an NNPC team led by the Group Managing Director, Engr. Funsho Kupolokun, for three and a half hours yesterday, directed that in line with his determination to tackle the nation’s power crisis, plans of the NNPC must be anchored on the principle that domestic need for gas ought to be satisfied before foreign markets.
“As I keep saying, we cannot begin to address, in a fundamental manner, the problems of the economy, until we successfully tackle the power and energy issue. It is critical to all my plans. So I am more interested in how much gas we can tap for domestic use than what we can get for export. We must power this economy,” President Yar’Adua said.
He directed the NNPC to expeditiously come up with a workable plan to ensure adequate gas supply to existing and new power generation plants.
President Yar’Adua also said he would tackle the Niger Delta problem by meeting the developmental challenges in the region and enforcing law and order.
“My plan is for a massive intervention and after consulting with all the stakeholders, we will take our plan to the National Assembly so everyone can buy in. Once we can address the development issues, it would be easy to tackle the criminal element of the problem,” he said.
At another session with the Council of Ulama (a delegation of Islamic scholars), also yesterday, the President said he would regard every Nigerian as his adviser.
“I am President today not because I am better or wiser than anybody but rather because that is the will of God. That imposes on me enormous responsibility. And for that, I consider every Nigerian who has meaningful contribution on the way forward for our nation as my adviser,” he said.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
good news!
i guess u're a new member", and nigerian.though,we already had a thread for yar'adua.

welcome!

·
Registered
279 Posts
Yar'Adua. Mr. UMARU!!!..lol. And to think many called this man a "business-as-usual" president. I told you about this in my post of what I heard from his "leaked" economic plans. We WILL beat the Asian tigers. We have the population, the energy resource and the entrepreneurial people.

·
Registered
286 Posts
8 years later, we still short on gas!!

·
Banned
11,651 Posts
its one to thing to order more gas and another to make it happen. too bad the guys died, who knows if he would have been better. tho he seemed worse

1 - 9 of 9 Posts