SkyscraperCity banner

2961 - 2980 of 3002 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
^^ This is plain stupidity man. I am not going to blame the government at all but Ecclestone. This guy is ready to host F1 in any country that gives him money, Even dictatorships like Bahrain ( even though their people absolutely despise it ) and their stands remain empty. India is a huge market and we have huge base of motorsport fans as well yet this happens. Know what, Not us, its you who is doing the politics sir.
You are right about that- Bernie Ecclestone's only cares about cash and he is the one who is messing up the sport of F1.

Just like we did with IPL we need to start our own Formula 1 races and we can also collaborate with emerging markets which are sidelined by big powers.
No I think India needs to start investing more in low-level motorsport events so that the talent in India is properly applied and so Indian aspiraing dirvers get a chance to move up the ladder. India as 1 billion+ people but has only got 2 people to F1? This is shameful.

^^ On similar lines they started A1 grandprix,but it failed :eek:hno:
Has this failed? I was looking foreword to it- it was going to feature Karun Chandok but it kept getting pushed back. Is is finally dead then :(

·
Registered
1 Posts
Indian Grand Prix 2013 Tickets!!

^^ I have 3 Tickets(Race Day Only) for Indian Grand Prix 2013 in Star Stand 3 A(First row) 16,17,18. Unfortunately i will not be able to attend. If anyone is interested then message me. I bought them for Rs.15000(Rs.5000 Each) on bookmyshow. I can give them for Rs.13000(2k less).

·
Glorian
79 Posts
There will not be any F1 race in 2014.This is because late October 2014 and March 2015 F1 races will be close.Therefore,it was not to have any F1 race in 2014. F1 race will take place as originally agreed as in March 2015.NO MORE OCTOBER F1 races in India

·
India under construction.
4,193 Posts
Today there was a documentary on construction of this arena and its challenges on Nat Geo channel. As always foreigners did a great job in documenting mega projects of India ( Delhi metro, BWSL, Mumbai Airport to name a few)

If anyone has got the link then please post. Its worth watching.

·
Cov Boy
4,063 Posts
Watching the Grand Prix.

Track looks great & green.

Pity about the weather with the mist/fog.

Some stands are empty (premium stand south?) however; most people are on the picnic stands.

The F1 web-site shows some good photos of the Indian Grand Prix.

·
Mast Malang
5,137 Posts
march 2015 mein hogi race. yes weather was smokey. vithhal bhai getting large fans in india

·
Mast Malang
5,137 Posts
only thing is that they should get nice pit girls, their faces look like battered state roadways buses

2961 - 2980 of 3002 Posts