SkyscraperCity banner

801 - 820 of 3002 Posts

·
unregistered
4,740 Posts
This is so retarded.. Read alil before showing your gawarpana

NOIDA is called GB nagar. So stuff is named after Gautam buddh!!

ok cool. thats a good reason to call it that then.
sorry i didnt know and thanks for the new prefix i have as a retard.
i guess that makes you a fucking tosser then .:cheers:

·
Registered
27 Posts
The acronym NOIDA in the context of the city stands for New Okhla Industrial Development AREA. http://www.noidaauthorityonline.com/faq.html

Noida was originally agricultural land with a cluster of villages such as Atta, Naya Bans, Nithari, Harola, Chalera etc (these still exist in their full squalor).

Gautam Buddh Nagar is a new district carved out from Ghaziabad, one among many such as Jyotiba Phulay Nagar, Chhatrapati Shahuji Maharaj Nagar etc, created by the Mayawati government to honour Dalit icons and the religion of Buddhism adopted by many Dalits.

Since Jaypee is a crony of the U.P. government they would have been under pressure to choose a name from a Dalit icon for the race track, they took the middle path and chose Buddh. Although I agree that perhaps Ashok would have be cooler, alas, for augean politics.

·
unregistered
4,740 Posts
Ja, there is no country for old men
:):cheers::):cheers::):cheers:

v funny

BTW why didnt all you motorsport fans pick up on the little bit of provocative humour in my post?
Call me a retard but none of you got it.
the worlds best ever racing driver, no not shoomaker
Manuel Fangio? Jim Clarke?
No Ayrton Senna .
He said that race driving for him was spiritual 'like being at one with god'
thats a quote.
so basically it was a meditation for him, a transendent experience.
Me? im just a novice, still got to sit on me cushion or walk to meditate.
And deffinatly not when im driving.
Check out the movie 'senna'(aint seen it so dunno if the quotes in there.....)
its won awards and is just out( inUK)
:)

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
Now whats this?
Indian GP May Be Postponed

As excitement for the Indian GP rises with every passing day, more hindrances arise for the organizers to take care of. Bernie Ecclestone said in a statement that the date of the Indian GP may be postpone

As much as fans would like to see the Indian Grand Prix in October there is high likelihood of it being postponed from its prescribed date to December 4. The change of date has not been officially announced yet but the reasons for the change of date are several, and complicated.

Firstly, due to the probability of the Bahrain Grand Prix a place in the busy calendar has to be made for the circuit, in which case the Indian GP will have to be rescheduled to a future date. Originally scheduled to be the season opener in March, the event was adjourned due to political unrest, the verdict of weather the Bahrain GP will happen this year is scheduled for the 3rd of June, and this decision will partly bring judgment for the Indian GP as well. Authorities of the Bahrain circuit have to report to the FIA regarding the state of play in the kingdom.

Now you might come to wonder why this decision will just partly affect the delay of the race on the Buddh International Circuit. There is some form of unrest in Noida, New Delhi where the circuit has been built with respect to a clash between the Government officials and the farmers over land problems. Local farmers are accusing the Government of forcefully grabbing their land at a lower price to give the edge to the private construction companies.

If you think these are the end of the problems for the first Indian GP, think again? With the construction of the circuit is nearing completion, the homologation set for sometime next month, any form of major unrest that may cause damage to the circuit may hurt the homologation progress of the GP.

As on date, all Indian fans can do is wait for 3rd June for the verdict of the Bahrain GP date to figure out if the Indian GP will be delayed or not.
Source : Link

·
Punjabi for Life..!!!
4,431 Posts
Nope....this wont be postponed I went to see the site yesterday...works going on well..they have started with the landscaping on massive scale.....Guys just excuse me....as I don't have my camera yet.....

·
Registered
12,754 Posts
^^ How can you tell it won't be postponed by visiting the track when the reason of postponing lies in Bahrain !!

Nowhere it is written that the race will be postponed because of delay in completion.

·
Registered
12,754 Posts
It doesn't say work has been disrupted by the villagers. It says, it "may" get disrupted in future. Or they may even not disrupt the work but create some trouble at the day of race itself ! That would be worse actually.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Bernie has suggested that Indian GP may be postponed or even canceled

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/formula_one/13608826.stm

Ecclestone is considering moving the Indian GP back to 11 December - or cancelling it - in order to accommodate the return of the Bahrain race to the calendar.
This leads to speculation that the track might not be ready in time, which I don't agree with. This may also be a tactics to put pressure on Indian organizers.

But it has been a long time we have seen any photographic update.

·
Registered
347 Posts
It's very unlikely that the Bahrain GP will get a second chance this year. But even if that happens, there's no way [greedy] Bernie would cancel the Indian GP, unless the Indian organizers want it, which is again highly unlikely. The decision will be taken on June 3rd. So let's wait for 2 more days and see what happens.

Oh and the Arabian races (Bahrain and Abu Dhabi) are boring as hell!

·
Banned
527 Posts
So is the track ready or not? Why would they considering moving it back to December? I guess this is typical of how India think they can drag their feet on every project, and yet call themselves a superpower.

·
Punjabi for Life..!!!
4,431 Posts
So is the track ready or not? Why would they considering moving it back to December? I guess this is typical of how India think they can drag their feet on every project, and yet call themselves a superpower.
Really uncle......horlicks pike soo jao...

·
DIPLOMAT
2,787 Posts
Nope....this wont be postponed I went to see the site yesterday...works going on well..they have started with the landscaping on massive scale.....Guys just excuse me....as I don't have my camera yet.....
Thanx for the update.. No need to post any pictures any more as we are fed up with ur flase promises on updating us with pictures....

801 - 820 of 3002 Posts