Skyscraper City Forum banner
881 - 900 of 3002 Posts

·
DIPLOMAT
2,793 Posts
I dont care whether india host a grand prix in 2011 or not.... What i do care and happy about is we will be having a F1 race track of international standards by 2011....

MOD - Its an outstanding and commentable work and you are our here for the week... :happy:

·
Punjabi for Life..!!!
4,431 Posts
^^ There will be bucket seats on the main grandstand ...!!!

There were around 4500 workers on the site as per chief site engineer..also, 2000 more workers will be joining in .....in next 2-3 weeks....

According to the engineers and ME....site will be ready by october this year....and its good they got 2 months extension.....

Work on the site is really world class....workers and engineers are simultaneously working on many fronts.

Special separate team is working on Landscaping in and around circuit. .... which includes 2 large ponds or lakes ....grass hills..variety of flora ...etc etc...

It will be a glass structure...media centre and officials centre are near completion ...

Roof will take another 2 months to be completely ready and bucket seats will be installed by the time roofing ends...

·
DIPLOMAT
2,793 Posts
^^ its great feeling when you walk on the race track of a future grand prix race track which belong to our country... isnt it? I experience it in January... and now you..... :happy: .. iam sure very few SSCI forumerss will ever get a chance to walk on the race track.... like in allmost all race tracks across the world (dedicated), it will be access controlled due to secury reasons once it is fully developed....

·
Punjabi for Life..!!!
4,431 Posts
^^ its great feeling when you walk on the race track of a future grand prix race track which belong to our country... isnt it? I experience it in January... and now you..... :happy: .. iam sure very few SSCI forumerss will ever get a chance to walk on the race track.... like in allmost all race tracks across the world (dedicated), it will be access controlled due to secury reasons once it is fully developed....
Thank you guys......

Yes Sathya....its a great feeling to be there...I tried my hands for one full lap and loved it....its a huge project...

Next major updates will be after 2 months....

·
Punjabi for Life..!!!
4,431 Posts
Great update IR. I think they can complete it by October in any case. But by shifting to December at least we can say that no CWG like incidents (dropping of false ceiling) will occur.
I think you can also post some of these pics on the Autosports' Indian GP thread.

Thanks a lot dude. Very refreshing updates after a long time :)
...Oye...my pics are already there..ehhh...anyways will try to post there as well..

·
unregistered
4,739 Posts
great set of pix.
someone mentioned the autosoprt site.
its a good site
Also i mentiined 'ten tenths' site .
both sites have insiders posting but ten tenths is more of an insiders, less fan based, forum.
can be very interesting.And both sites have some very interesting pixc and discussions about the more obscure parts of the sport

881 - 900 of 3002 Posts