Frozen Back Bay of the Great Slave Lake

Snowking Castle on frozen Great Slave Lake

Range St, Summer Solstice - nearing on midnight

A very cold day

-50 C :banana: :banana: :banana:

·
Registered
241 Posts
now I understand how far we are (Romania) from the developed world! In my country, only a handfull of cities over 100,000 have a McDonald's, or a mall or even a supermarket! well, maybe next time...:)

·
Banned
11,378 Posts
What cold city!! Beautiful, but very cold...I'd like to know only in summer..

·
Registered
455 Posts
now I understand how far we are (Romania) from the developed world! In my country, only a handfull of cities over 100,000 have a McDonald's, or a mall or even a supermarket! well, maybe next time...:)
I would like that

·
Registered
971 Posts
Oh my! I love Yellowknife, thank you so much for posting. It is one of my favorite cities to look at, I loved seeing it all season-long on Ice Truckers (i'm a nerd, i know). It is, in my opinion, one of the most interesting cities in the world. Unique skyline, beautiful homes, scandinavian and north american influences in one of the most remote and cold places in the world! Love it.

·
I need coffee.
1,442 Posts
^^That drool would freez!

·
Registered
286 Posts
WOW! How amazing! Looking at the photos of the lake in summer and winter is a spin! What about those houses that in summer are floating houses and in winter have easy access anywhere because of the frozen lake? Thst is just so cool! And for a population of only 18,000 people it has a pretty impressive skyline!

·
Hola
51 Posts
That's a really nice city. I didn't expect it to be this size. I thought it would be a very small town.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts