·
Expert
21,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Renderings

Name: The Tower Hotel and International Conference Centre
City,Country: Yenogoa,Nigeria
Contractors: Gitto Group

Five star hotel (The Tower Hotel) with an international conference centre, in Ekeki area of the state capital.

·
Expert
21,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Construction Progress

Construction Signs

·
Expert
21,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Construction work March 2008

·
Jakes1
3,672 Posts
Im not a big fan - but maybe I will like it once completed. This is what happened with the Radisson SAS in Johannesburg - hated it at first, now i love it. How many floors?

·
Expert
21,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Btw I keep misspelling the city it is Yenagoa not Yenogoa. :eek:hno:

·
Expert
21,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Im not a big fan - but maybe I will like it once completed. This is what happened with the Radisson SAS in Johannesburg - hated it at first, now i love it. How many floors?
I just found some Information.

It is currently in the 16th Floor as of November and is 18 Floors tall.

In order to ensure the speedy completion of all the projects embarked upon by the government, the Commissioner said contractors had been adequately motivated just as he disclosed that over N7.2bn has been spent on the state's 5-Star hotel.

According to him, the multibillion naira 18 storey Five Star Tower Hotels building which was inherited by the present administration when it was at the second floor level has been taken to the sixteenth floor with just two stories remaining.
http://allafrica.com/stories/200811270314.html

also

http://www.newswatchngr.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=226&Itemid=48

·
Expert
21,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Tower Hotel

Some Photos

Tower hotel is a project that was started 3 years ago in Bayelsa. When completed the hotel will boast of state of the art facilities such as IMAX cinemas, shopping mall, gym amongst others. The completion date for the project is Sept 2009.

·
Banned
873 Posts

Some Photos

Humm, it's very unusual to find such a project like this being constructed in such a wayward location.I've noticed that quite a few major projects have been posted up on the boards for this small, mostly unknown city in the Delta. I wonder what is drawing so much investment and growth to it.

·
Registered
5,047 Posts
Humm, it's very unusual to find such a project like this being constructed in such a wayward location.I've noticed that quite a few major projects have been posted up on the boards for this small, mostly unknown city in the Delta. I wonder what is drawing so much investment and growth to it.
That's very absurd to say. I head it's the first place where oild was discovered and drilled in Nigeria. Don't you think such area demand great attention of development? Niger-Delta has been neglected for so long. And, one canno ignore the presence of expatriates and the growing population of communities working in those oil companies living in that region. If any area deserve much attention of development it should be the Nigeri-Delta region. Maybe you can check it up on www.CNN.com, look for planet in peril and search for Niger-Delta.

·
Banned
873 Posts
That's very absurd to say. I head it's the first place where oild was discovered and drilled in Nigeria. Don't you think such area demand great attention of development? Niger-Delta has been neglected for so long. And, one canno ignore the presence of expatriates and the growing population of communities working in those oil companies living in that region. If any area deserve much attention of development it should be the Nigeri-Delta region. Maybe you can check it up on www.CNN.com, look for planet in peril and search for Niger-Delta.
Don't get me wrong; I'm not in objection to the major projects being undertaken in the Delta region, I was just wondering what exactly was so special about this small city in which makes it such a draw spot for investments outside of the oil industry. I know it must have some connection with the oil and gas industry, i must be the capital of one of the major oil drilling states or something.

·
Expert
21,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Don't get me wrong; I'm not in objection to the major projects being undertaken in the Delta region, I was just wondering what exactly was so special about this small city in which makes it such a draw spot for investments outside of the oil industry. I know it must have some connection with the oil and gas industry, i must be the capital of one of the major oil drilling states or something.
Man you've got it entirely wrong.

This is being built in the capital of Bayelsa State; Yenagoa which is one of the safer places in the Niger Delta; This is a PPP which is essentially an investment attracted to develop the city's commercial center as part of the city's master plan which is to create revenue as opposed to relying on federal budgets which don't cover much and of course to create a leisure facility to serve the people as well as to compliment the commercial developments.

Nigeria is not a place where the population is centered in the biggest cities , naturally every big city has a large population in relation to the smaller cities, but the population of the Niger Delta region alone is actually bigger than most countries; so the actual market and the unemployment is huge.

This has nothing to do with the Oil and Gas Industry I've been following this development for a while.

It is simply part of the Bayelsa Masterplan.

And it is progressing well ahead of schedule.

·
Banned
873 Posts
Man you've got it entirely wrong.

This is being built in the capital of Bayelsa State; Yenagoa which is one of the safer places in the Niger Delta; This is a PPP which is essentially an investment attracted to develop the city's commercial center as part of the city's master plan which is to create revenue as opposed to relying on federal budgets which don't cover much and of course to create a leisure facility to serve the people as well as to compliment the commercial developments.

Nigeria is not a place where the population is centered in the biggest cities , naturally every big city has a large population in relation to the smaller cities, but the population of the Niger Delta region alone is actually bigger than most countries; so the actual market and the unemployment is huge.

This has nothing to do with the Oil and Gas Industry I've been following this development for a while.

It is simply part of the Bayelsa Masterplan.

And it is progressing well ahead of schedule.
Ok, thank you for going over that. So this Bayelsa State master plan is somewhat equivalent to that of Delta State's. It's nice to see the states gov. going about doing things for themselves for once, and not relying on Fed. gov. so much.

·
WhizKidd
90 Posts
From the design renders I'm skeptical about how the finishing will look... lets hope they go for a sleek glass exterior rather than a paint job... this looks like a very promising project... hope to see more like this from Bayelsa

·
Registered
5,047 Posts
From the design renders I'm skeptical about how the finishing will look... lets hope they go for a sleek glass exterior rather than a paint job... this looks like a very promising project... hope to see more like this from Bayelsa
From the render, it doesn't look like they are going to glizt it(no cladding for this building from the render). Nevertheless, it looks great on the color.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts