SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
I enjoyed the beautiful day on the waterfront. I took a camera but really just forgot about taking pictures. It was too much fun to worry about that.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Thunder Over Louisville is one of the best, if not THE best festival put on by a city I have ever been to. It is so much more than just alot of fireworks, I am glad to see it is still going strong, if not growing. They need to work something out with the traffic flow afterward, if they havnt already, it makes a scenario of what if 500k people worked downtown and all got off work at once.

·
Registered
502 Posts
The parking shouldn't be a problem. I parked at the end of Baxter (near Baxter Jack's) and walked for 20 minutes to the Waterfront. I was hope 30 minutes after the fireworks (I live in the Highlands). You have to be willing to walk or take the bus.

·
Registered
438 Posts
If I ever move away from Louisville, I just may have to return every year for Thunder. I've been on the riverfront for every Thunder except '92 and it never ceases to leave me in awe.

Its a shame Thunder is not more publicized nationally, or even globally. Its far more exciting than the Derby, IMO.

·
President of Catan
2,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Awesome photos Soul!

I always love to see shots that show what Thunder looks like from around town.
Looks nice from UofL. :eek:kay:

·
Registered
957 Posts
Thats one of th best pics I've ever seen on Thunder, even though I go just about every year, I'm always amazed at how they fit 800,000 people down there.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts