SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
I don't usually check out the 300-350m buildings in China anymore since they're never-ending, but wow I'm glad I chose to check this one out! Are the top renders the final design? They look amazing!

·
Registered
3,778 Posts
Read what is written above it.

·
whitest boy in the delta
12,498 Posts
need to see renders to decide which i like most, but my first thoughts are

pro 1: very nice twin tower concept. it is not common that twin towers do not face each other, but instead have a 90 degree turn towards each other, it looks very interesting, especially with a glassy cladding it would turn out amazing.

pro 2: looks like an alien built these towers, i really like the concept, but it is hard to imagine them. very unique nontheless.

pro 3: my least favorite out of the bunch. i love boxy towers, but i do not like the design on the outside. if a tower is boxy i also like straight lines on the outside, maybe a render would change my opinion though.

pro 4: probably my favorite, it looks modern and very unique for a twin tower design. this design could turn out brilliant and looks amazing as the tallest in the city as well as a skyline supporter when a taller building is built. it is not too much to draw all the attention, yet enough to be an eyecatcher.

Reactions: ChuckScraperMiami#1

·
whitest boy in the delta
12,498 Posts
so proposal 1 won, i just wish it had a darker colored facade like in the model, nice nontheless :cheers:

·
Registered
25,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Project Description

This approximately 3,293,757 sf (306,000 sm) mixed-use complex features parallelogram plan geometry with rounded corners, which serves to distinguish the project’s two elegant 984-foot (301-meter) tall towers from the adjacent rectilinear towers seen in the Master Plan. In a nod to the literal meaning of Yinchuan, the towers are linked by a “silver river,” a podium building with a sinuous form. Rotating the towers and placing them in relation to each other creates, from two very similar towers, a sculptural composition of one form, ever evolving and changing from various vantage points. The project combines office, hotel, office executive mansions and boutique retail spaces with ample auto and bicycle parking provided below grade. Once completed, the towers will be the tallest in the NW region of China.
Project Components

Office

Hotel

Office Executive Mansions

Boutique Retail

Project Data

Site Area: 312,207 sf (29,005 sm)
Gross Building Area: 3,293,757 sf (306,000 sm)
Building Height: 984 ft (301 m)
Stories: 61

http://www.portmanusa.com/projectde...per Tall Project&projectid=5950&country=China

·
Registered
3,778 Posts
bigger render:

·
Registered
984 Posts
Btw. I know this question is a bit of topic but I don't know where to ask it... Why Greenland isn't going to build a Greenland Center in Shenzhen, I mean so many companys build towers there, and Greenland which builds in nearly every chinese city doesn't? Anyone there who knows the course of that? And: Good news that they are finally prepare to build this beauties

1 - 20 of 73 Posts