1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Que puedo decir?
2,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
doha rulz...
988 Posts
yeah true.. good one but nothin creative enough....

·
Fairouzy
7,872 Posts
Thanks Bert for the update, but what is up with the weird names? Yohan Tower, Mohajil Tower??? Is it me, or are the names a bit on the weird side?

·
Banned
7,953 Posts
^^ ran out of names ??? never saw this thread before, glad its under construction more office space and more work space more jobs more population......

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
this is the first time i see this tower

·
Qatar forums
2,054 Posts
Thanks Bert for the update, but what is up with the weird names? Yohan Tower, Mohajil Tower??? Is it me, or are the names a bit on the weird side?
Well they always have been uninspired and so far have taken the names of existing places (Umm Bab Tower, Dukhan Tower, Rayyan Tower, Laffan Tower, ..) but Qatar is small so there is no more existing place name to copy from....and now they come up with those funny names...lol!

·
Banned
471 Posts
guys commented on tower names it is an old Qatari names most of you young and dont know about history or dont asking your fathers about these names ;) and some other non Qatari's and we dont blame them if they didnt know about these names which used in past such as ( يوحان , شوحان , جوعان , سيحان , صوعان , برزان ) ( Yohan, Shoan, Joaan, syhan, soaan, barzan) and there many old names I cant write it all lol some of these names to men names and some to camel names or horses and some to water wells or defense towers and old palaces ;)

byway sheikh Ali bin Jassim son of Qatar founder was called by ( جوعان ) Joaan and of course the young sheikh Joaan named on him.

Also we already have Barzan tower which called on Barzan Palace located in umm slal city in Qatar and owned royal family and in history there many Barzan palaces one for the old governor family in Saudi (Al-Rashid) Family and located in Hail city and another one for (Al-Ajman) family.

here is Old Barazn in Umm slal Mohammed

Barzan Tower named on the old Palace

I dont blame the youth this normal even in west the youth dont care about old names or the history too much and if we said for example to anyone of young guys in the west what is (Fressin) or (Salgar) they will not be able to answer you these castel names used in hundred years war between England and France.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts