Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
48,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
48,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Construction of this project has started. I somehow never posted it before, maybe the height wasn't known until now it started. But nevermind, another just under 100m tall box for Minato Mirai.

https://www.kensetsunews.com/archives/200027

·
Registered
366 Posts
So in short, Minato Mirai is currently one large construction site with all the ongoing project... it's great but I don't understand why all of these tower are around 100m and not more. The skyline will look so boring if all skyscraper are a the same height. + it is quite short and the design is so boxy and boring for most of them...

I can't help but feel down when you know that right beside this site is standing the magestic Landmark Tower.

Could have been an incredible cluster around it as the centerpiece, but in the end it's truly a waste.

·
Registered
81 Posts
When complete the "Future Port" will look like any other mid-size office district anywhere else in the world circa the 90's. It's best not to invest any hope in it, methinks.

·
Banned
1,668 Posts
Except many of the world's biggest companies are still in crappy 1990s office parks.

Also, it's not competing directly with Tokyo, rather supplementing it with a feasible alternative for businesses, like domestic companies located elsewhere (in this case, Murata) who want R&D by tapping into the Tokyo area's workforce while not causing everything to be so centralized.

·
48,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
There are still 2 150m towers to be constructed here. But it's indeed going to have a business park feel except for the major pedestrian corridor with all the malls and the museum and which ends at the Landmark Tower. You also have the large concert hall, but there it will only be busy during the events, otherwise it will also be just silent.

·
Registered
366 Posts
There are still 2 150m towers to be constructed here. But it's indeed going to have a business park feel except for the major pedestrian corridor with all the malls and the museum and which ends at the Landmark Tower. You also have the large concert hall, but there it will only be busy during the events, otherwise it will also be just silent.

I never knew there was 2 more tower of 150m to be build here. Do you have any more information about those project or a link to a thread ? =)

·
48,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
May

source:

·
48,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Completed.

There will be an Electronics experience center for kids named "Mulabo!" in the base of the tower which will open next month.

source:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts