SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
9,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yonge and Richmond. I don't think this has been posted anywhere yet.

The name is awful Yonge and Rich. Nice looking building though.

Posted on www.buzzbuzzhome.com

DEVELOPMENT NAME Yonge + Rich
DEVELOPER(S) Great Gulf
PROJECT TYPE Condominium
ADDRESS 25 Richmond Street East
NEIGHBOURHOOD/CITY Toronto
STATE/PROVINCE Ontario
POSTAL CODE M5C 1M1
PROJECT WEBSITE www.yongeandrich.com
SALES CENTRE HOURS Sales Centre Opening April 2013.
CONSTRUCTION STATUS Preconstruction
SELLING STATUS Registration Phase
NUMBER OF STOREYS 50 storeys
UNIT SIZES From 450 Sq. Ft. To 926 Sq. Ft.
ARCHITECT(S) architectsAlliance
INTERIOR DESIGNER(S) Burdifilek

·
misanthropic humanitarian
686 Posts
Actually, the name is a clever play on "Young & Rich", and it works perfectly since the location is Yonge & Richmond. I suppose calling it Beyond The Lake or The Jenga might make you happier. Does anyone (and by that, I mean regular people not on this site) call these buildings by their marketing names after they're completed? I doubt it.

·
Registered
9,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Actually, the name is a clever play on "Young & Rich", and it works perfectly since the location is Yonge & Richmond. I suppose calling it Beyond The Lake or The Jenga might make you happier. Does anyone (and by that, I mean regular people not on this site) call these buildings by their marketing names after they're completed? I doubt it.

I know, I'm well aware of how they came up with the name. It's pretentious and lacks any sort of creativity. If it were on Yonge it might actually make sense.

·
686 Posts
I know, I'm well aware of how they came up with the name. It's pretentious and lacks any sort of creativity. If it were on Yonge it might actually make sense.
What would be more creative? Perhaps you can come up with something better. Pretentious? Geez, lighten up. They are having some fun with the play on words. And it makes plenty of sense; it's in the Yonge & Richmond neighbourhood, even though it's not right on Yonge. It's on Richmond, at Victoria St., which is one small block east of Yonge. And does the name really matter?

·
Registered
9,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What would be more creative? Perhaps you can come up with something better. Pretentious? Geez, lighten up. They are having some fun with the play on words. And it makes plenty of sense; it's in the Yonge & Richmond neighbourhood, even though it's not right on Yonge. It's on Richmond, at Victoria St., which is one small block east of Yonge. And does the name really matter?
They could have just gone gone with 25 Richmond and forgone with a name that would lead one to believe the building is one block west. I wonder if they tossed around the name the Rich Victorian? No the name doesn't matter but we all like to pick apart proposals so I won't lighten up this is just par for the coarse SSC type observations that everybody here does. We're all entitled to our opinions without being attacked for it.

Name bashing or loving aside it will be great to see another surface lot bite the dust. The east side of the core seems to have the most lots left ripe for development.

The use of red brick on the podium is a nice way to tie this into the heritage structures in the area. It really is a pretty solid design.

·
Registered
9,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I know, it looks like a party tower. I do like that according to the close-up render the tower portion will not be all glass but have some stone on it.

·
686 Posts
They could have just gone gone with 25 Richmond and forgone with a name that would lead one to believe the building is one block west. I wonder if they tossed around the name the Rich Victorian? No the name doesn't matter but we all like to pick apart proposals so I won't lighten up this is just par for the coarse SSC type observations that everybody here does. We're all entitled to our opinions without being attacked for it.

Name bashing or loving aside it will be great to see another surface lot bite the dust. The east side of the core seems to have the most lots left ripe for development.

The use of red brick on the podium is a nice way to tie this into the heritage structures in the area. It really is a pretty solid design.
Attacked? Really? Show me exactly where I attacked you. Geez, like I said earlier, and it obviously still stands, lighten up. :)

And I thought you had me blocked or on ignore? Perhaps you should go back to that since you can't handle my ... um ... "attacks".

·
Registered
9,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Attacked? Really? Show me exactly where I attacked you. Geez, like I said earlier, and it obviously still stands, lighten up. :)

And I thought you had me blocked or on ignore? Perhaps you should go back to that since you can't handle my ... um ... "attacks".

"Geez, lighten up" Perhaps you should take your own advice.

:)

BTW thanks for taking this way off topic.

·
686 Posts
"Geez, lighten up" Perhaps you should take your own advice.

:)
Haha, I'm not the one making claims of "attacks". Oh, the drama.

BTW thanks for taking this way off topic.
No, you did that, but you're obviously oblivious to that too.

(I don't think I've ever put those two words together in a sentence. Cool.)

Anyway, it's an interesting building with a great location and people will buy into it regardless of what it's named.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Swastikas aren't a bad thing, the nazi's used it and gave it a negative connotation.

Anyways, I love that there are more condos near downtown Yonge!

·
686 Posts
This building is actually on Richmond and Victoria
Yes, we've established that already, but it's in the Yonge & Richmond neighbourhood. Seriously, have you ever walked from Victoria St. to Yonge St.? It can be done in less than a minute. It's not like this building is at Yonge & Parliament.

If developers and real estate agents can get away with their broad interpretation of Yorkville, I'm pretty sure this is okay.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts