Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
17/01149/FU One apartment building comprising 23 flats | 383 - 387 York Road Leeds LS9 6TA.

yorkroad1 by tigerman687, on Flickr

This is a proposal that was granted planning October 2017 but has recently seen activity on the Planning website with applications for condition discharges.
It is being built on the land behind York Towers which was converted into flats previously. Not a major scheme but good filler and maybe with a chance of starting.

https://publicaccess.leeds.gov.uk/o...s.do?activeTab=documents&keyVal=OLTFISJBG1C00

·
7,104 Posts
Ok, that's good - we seem to not see many out of centre but 'inner city' developments in Leeds, so any like this are good, especially along the York Rd (A64) corridor.

·
Registered
6,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The site further along at the former Dog & Gun is also under construction for a conversion to apartments I believe. Somebody has posted about it already, but I can't find it.
Well I did not know about this either and I have driven past it in the last few days. Apparently they are refurbing and extending the building for 15 apartments and then building 12 houses behind.

·
Registered
7,736 Posts
yeah I remember a 30+ storey flats proposal before the last crash on the patch of land where the Anglers club was in Burmantofts years ago. I remember reading it would house both university students and St. James Hospital workers and it seemed a good viable idea at the time

1 - 17 of 17 Posts