Skyscraper City Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Mozart for me. Probably the Von Trapp family for many though! Lots of people don't even know Hitler came from Germany but Branau Am Inn, Austria...

·
Civilization
2,713 Posts
Sound of Music, Nazis/Hitler, Vienna Boys Choir, Mozart, Salzburg, Art, The Alps, Once the Center of the Austro-Hungarian Empire, etc.

·
Resurrected
25,442 Posts
Closest country to us (we were once under Habsburg reign - but they originate from nowadays Switzerland anyway - before Alsace) in mentality, landscape and culture. Nearly the same pop, but not that dense populated.

Salzburg: one of the most beautiful cities in the continent.

Vienna: Stefansdom, Hofburg, und UNO-Viertel

Mozart(kugeln), Strauss-waltz, EAV, Georg Kreissler, Ludwig Hirsch, Ostbahn Kurti and STS - not to forget Geier Sturzflug with the biggest hit of the 80s "Brutosozialprodukt" :rofl:

Südtirol as Expatrionates, generally still very monarchic and hierarchic in thinking (and unfortunatly also nazistic).

One of the greatest Jugendstil-artists and architects: Friedensreich Hundertwasser.

....and our targets for jokes :lol:

·
Civilization
2,713 Posts
Vienna Crackers?, In German Osterreich, Major Cities include Vienna, Innsbruck, Graz, Salzburg, the Leopold Art Museum in Vienna, Growing Muslim population, overall I think Austria is a beautiful country with nice natural beauty. It is known for its composers which I look to as role models.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Habsburgs, Vienna, Innsbruck,Rhein, the Alps, Mozart...

·
Banned
4,572 Posts
beautiful classical music, the Governator, Sound of Music, Vienna Sausages, the awesome movie that everyone should see "the Red Violin", World War II-Hitler, mountains, old towns, and things of that nature.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Opera, luxurious castles & palaces, fashionable cafés, winter sports resorts.. :) Austria is one of my favourite countries in Europe!

·
Registered
696 Posts
Schoenbrun Castle, amusement park in Prater, battle of Vienna in 1683 and great Jan III Sobieski victory, partitions of Poland, Habsburgs dynasty, Alps, Herman Maier, ski jumpers like Ernst Vettori, Andreas Goldberger or Heinz Kuttin, coffee, classical music, Schwarzenegger, Hitler and 2nd WW, special kind of singing (popular also in Bavaria, Germany) but I don't how it names and rude people for tourist from Poland.

·
Registered
955 Posts
Those inbred Hapsburgs :D, Austria-Hungary Empire, Holy Roman Empire, Mozart, Arnold Schwartzenegger, Sound of Music, The Red Violin, Vienna sausage, the Alps, that one James Bond movie in the late 80s, WWII, Anschluss, Hitler, and ski resorts.

·
Resurrected
25,442 Posts
davidkunz/VIE said:
Such as...? :runaway:
You don't know that you are the same for us as the Belgiums for the French or the Portuguese for the Brazilians? I always thought that also Austrians make the same jokes on the Swiss... ;)

·
Resurrected
25,442 Posts
Maybe it's not fashion anymore... I was grown up with these jokes in the 70s and 80s. Later there were more Manta and Blonde jokes popular and nowadays more against politicians (and Yugoslavs).

But there are also a lot of internal jokes as the Berner which are slow ("they are not allowed to go to the forests anymore because the ivy is starting growing up their legs"), the Appenzeller which are small ("they commit suicide by jumping off the rim of the carpet"), or the Fribourger which are dirty ("how can you catch a Fribourger? - Get him while he is drinking and fastly close the toilet lid").

·
spaghetti polonaise
2,534 Posts
Apart of Mozart and Hitler: Mountains, Skiing, Sacher cake, stiff and more conservative people, Coffeehouses and carriages in Vienna, Hundertwasser, Schwarzenegger, Haider.

·
Registered
159 Posts
We used to be enemies once. Mozart. Innsbruck, Salzburg and Vienna. Seefeld.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.