SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Every city or town has them.
Ugly monstrosities that blight the skyline and make us do this :eek:hno:, while we wonder if those involved in the design were just a little :nuts:

So I though I would start a thread to give us a place to do a little venting..

Brisbane has a few very worthy contenders, but my nomination is for the Trustee House - 444 Queen St. It was completed in 1976 ( which explains the facade) and is situated right between Aurora place and the Trilogy site - so Brisbanes ugliest building IMO is in one of the cities prime locations.

Somebody please knock it down and try again..

·
Registered
12 Posts
Pic by Culwulla

The front AMP building has got to be up there! Its definately lived WAY past its use by date. It sits in such an awesome position just imageine how much better it would look with a nice all glaSS tallie there instead.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
^^These are all very worthy contenders. I definately agree with Sydneys AMP building. I was in Sydney a month ago and remember the AMP building smacking my in the face as I got off the Manly ferry...

·
Registered
702 Posts
Pic by Culwulla

The front AMP building has got to be up there! Its definately lived WAY past its use by date. It sits in such an awesome position just imageine how much better it would look with a nice all glaSS tallie there instead.

East Circular Quay looks quite nice from that angle. Nice pic, Culwulla.

·
Registered
5,557 Posts
I wish the Telstra Exchange in Adelaide would get a paint job, thankgod it will eventually be blocked out by new buildings on Franklin Street.

·
Wolf in sheep's clothing
3,272 Posts
120 should be torn down ASAP or reclad IMO. The red stripe is the only thing it has going for it.

Melbourne, by me

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
120 should be torn down ASAP or reclad IMO. The red stripe is the only thing it has going for it.

Melbourne, by me
What's most worrying is that 120 was refurbished not that long ago....it's even uglier at street level with rusty coloured marble columns...no continuity whatsoever.

1 - 20 of 103 Posts