Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 2989 Posts

·
Registered
77,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
thought id start a thread on high density photos
please post what you have. The GC skyline appears wide op from side on but if you take a photo from north or south it appears very dense. love those shots.

ill start with sydney, home to over 800 skyscrapers packed in 1.5km x 3km block.
thanks to flickr

how packed does this look?? may 10,2007

World tower @ 230m doesnt really have much impact

some photos from a year ago from 153m high summit restaurant

Westpac is nearly 500ft high to roof but doesnt look it due to its size and 100m+ blocks surrounding it.

looking down on 50m highrise

·
Registered
77,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
from the rocks. love the wall at the Quay

every building is taLL

may6

1 wall
future EDH site will add even more density

·
26,590 Posts
All my photo's I have are of individual buildings or construction sites. May take some over the week showing the density.

·
Registered Abuser
2,904 Posts
Melbourne, dencity:

and Melbourne on a rainy day with giant man taking photo :) :

·
Registered
3,148 Posts
Melbourne is dense from a distance, but up close you can see that there is not that much denisty in comparison to Sydney; I think it has probably to dow withthe fact that Sydney has more buildings and is narrower in width than Melbourne CBD, but also because Melbourne has much wider roads than it's northern cousin. I think the densist part of Melbourne is that stretch from Southbank down to St Kilda Junction, bounded by St Kilda Rd and Kingway; granted the buildings aren't as tall in general as in the CBD but there is certainly a lot of offices and apartment buildings crammed into that couple of miles.

·
Registered
435 Posts
BNE

Doesn't show density that well, but cool pic:

Old panoramic:

So dense you can't see passed the building next door...

Kidding, BNE isn't that dense, I'll get another pic up soon..

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Melbourne is dense from a distance, but up close you can see that there is not that much denisty in comparison to Sydney; I think it has probably to dow withthe fact that Sydney has more buildings and is narrower in width than Melbourne CBD, but also because Melbourne has much wider roads than it's northern cousin. I think the densist part of Melbourne is that stretch from Southbank down to St Kilda Junction, bounded by St Kilda Rd and Kingway; granted the buildings aren't as tall in general as in the CBD but there is certainly a lot of offices and apartment buildings crammed into that couple of miles.
You hit the nail on the head!
Melbourne will never be as dense as say Sydney or Brisbane in the future.
And I for one dont care one bit I would rather have nice wide open streets than a closed in dark and windswept concrete jungle anytime.:cheers:

·
Registered
476 Posts
And I for one dont care one bit I would rather have nice wide open streets than a closed in dark and windswept concrete jungle anytime.:cheers:
I'm one Melbourne resident who disagrees - not about street width, but certainly in terms of desiring density. I think it would be awesome if Melbourne was more "concrete jungle"-esque. Or maybe just if the CBD was way bigger.

·
Registered Abuser
2,904 Posts
I think the densist part of Melbourne is that stretch from Southbank down to St Kilda Junction, bounded by St Kilda Rd and Kingway.

Does it look something like this:

1 - 20 of 2989 Posts