196 Posts
Calgary's

105 Metres
24 Floors
Completed 1968

·
Registered
184 Posts
Winnipeg's RBC from the grand old to the dull new.

(the shorter white one with the RBC logo)

·
SSLL
8,354 Posts
Vancouver's and Winnipeg's are nice, but definitely Toronto's is the gem. What does Montréal's look like? It's funny that the big banks are still technically HQ'd in Montréal (except TDCT and Scotiabank), even though they are operated out of Toronto.

·
www.mtlurb.com
2,159 Posts

Royal Banks HQ in Montréal, built in 1928. Highest building in the commonwealth at that time.

The projecters could be seen as far as 50km on land, and 150km in the air.

That building is splendid, its interior is majestic!

·
Registered
676 Posts
Here's a bigger shot of the Toronto RBC Building, I love the gold hue produced by... well, the gold infused in the windows! Photo taken by yours truly.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Here is Kitcheners. The building is actually called the Duke Tower, an office, and appearently a theatre (?). Only 11 floors.

Photo credit Trillium Photography.

EDIT: Found another photo.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
aplz said:
Here is Kitcheners. The building is actually called the Duke Tower, an office, and appearently a theatre (?). Only 11 floors.

Photo credit Trillium Photography.

EDIT: Found another photo.

lol. :hahaha:

·
Registered
5,767 Posts
"Royal Banks HQ in Montréal, built in 1928. Highest building in the commonwealth at that time."

It would have held that title for a very short time, as the Royal York was under construction at the same time...it may not have ever held the title at all, as the Royal York may have actualy been structurally taller when the RB Building in Montreal opened, even though the Royal York may not have officially opened until June of 1929, as hotel interiors would have taken longer to finish.

I hate to tell ya...but if you want to see all the great bank buildings in Canada...all you have to do is stand at the corner of King & Bay.

KGB

·
www.mtlurb.com
2,159 Posts
KGB said:
"Royal Banks HQ in Montréal, built in 1928. Highest building in the commonwealth at that time."

It would have held that title for a very short time, as the Royal York was under construction at the same time...it may not have ever held the title at all, as the Royal York may have actualy been structurally taller when the RB Building in Montreal opened, even though the Royal York may not have officially opened until June of 1929, as hotel interiors would have taken longer to finish.
its not me who says it, its on their websites.

·
Registered
855 Posts

this is londons royal bank building, i believe that it was the first building over 12 stories built in london, but cn may have been first

1 - 20 of 26 Posts