SkyscraperCity banner

1021 - 1040 of 1295 Posts

·
B*tch
15,031 Posts
*bump*

The worst areas of Leeds are probably Gipton and Halton Moor..

These areas might not look bad but Gipton is the poorest place in Leeds and one of the poorest in the UK.. a lot of drug problems and gangs.. the odd stabbing/shooting to liven things up (the latter is not common at all though)

Seacroft is pretty bad when it comes to violence too but is not as dangerous as Gipton or Halton Moor..

Seacroft is definitely very ugly with a lot of boarded up housing

And I can't forget Little London which is a 60's housing estate when this type of architecture/living was seen as the 'future'

·
Aux armes, citoyens!
2,644 Posts
I'd say this the worst neighborhood of Spain (and maybe among the worst ones in Western Europe).
It's an area in Seville known as 'Las 3000 viviendas' or 3000 apartments. I think I mentioned it years ago in this thread, but I want to post some street views from google.

It's not unusual to read about shootings taking place there, even against police officers in some cases... it looks like some of those Paris and Naples ghettos.
Also it's common to read about other typical crimes commited in this kind of ghettos (such as drug & firearms trade, assaults, weapon related incidents, etc...).

Some weapons taken by police from this neighborhood. It's very common to make raids in this area:

And finally, street views:

·
Banned
12,343 Posts

·
Skybar Editor
22,153 Posts
I'll do some "funny" ones about bad neighborhoods in Nashville

Riot at the local water park last summer

____

^^

Only in America :lol:

·
Registered
13 Posts
In which country/area would the level of living conditions, supplies and infrastructure be the worst it can get? What slums would be the most outdated and ugly in the world? And, maybe, what would be the worst neighbourhood in your whole country? :)

·
Registered
932 Posts
This thread outlines one of the perversions of humans- looking at the misery of less privileged and more downtrodden people and their neighborhoods.

We truly live in filthy times...

Enjoy!

·
16,600 Posts
^^

Sad :(

Definitely worse than some of these European places getting posted :nuts:
What do you expect? The Philippines and Indonesia are less developed than most European countries so quality of life would be lower in the mentioned countries.

The image of Tondo shows the inner side. Those who live in Outer Tondo are in better conditions.

Though some areas of Manila have mid-rise public housing similar to those in Europe or The United States.

Here is one such public housing, "Food Terminal" located in Taguig

And some of the slum areas in inner Tondo are being replaced with mid-rise public housing

·
Registered
152 Posts
There are a few really sketchy areas in SF. Here's one of them, the Sunnydale Housing Projects in Visitacion Valley, in the far southeast corner of the city. The projects have a population of about 1,700 and regularly rack up several murders a year. There are some other new projects just down the block from the Sunnydale projects that are pretty shady as well...those ones are referred to as Towerside, a reference to the Geneva Towers which they replaced.
They have Buffy! :D

·
Registered
18,620 Posts
I live in Växjö, Sweden. According to many people Araby would be my city's worst district because of the immigrants stealing bicycles for example. That's at least what the statistics say. Me myself don't have any opinion. Most of Växjö looks good.

1021 - 1040 of 1295 Posts