SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was bored and created a skyline out of some of my favorite skyscrapers.
I used Vancouver, Canada, as my base and then added just over 40 buildings to it.
I tried to stay true to the original heights of the towers, but I think some of them don't match.
What do you think? Would you want your city to look like this?
Also, feel free to post you own fantasy skylines.

·
One Brickell CityCentre
13,120 Posts
1.) Put New York where Los Angeles is and spread it out along Wilshire Boulevard from Downtown to the ocean. It would probably still have pretty good density.

2.) Put Shanghai were Rio is.

3.) Put Singapore where Vancouver is.

4.) Put Chicago where Seattle is.

5.) Put Miami where Denver is.

6.) Put Toronto where Banff is.

Hong Kong probably pretty much is my fantasy skyline.

·
One Brickell CityCentre
13,120 Posts
Put New York where Los Angeles is and spread it out along Wilshire Boulevard from Downtown to the ocean. It would probably still have pretty good density.
Then, put Shenzen across the Hollywood Hills in San Fernando Valley, all in the same city. Where is Isaidso? He would probably have a good time with this thread.

·
One Brickell CityCentre
13,120 Posts
This was a very quick photoshop, but I liked the idea of putting Shanghai where Rio is. I gotta start work again tomorrow, but when I get back and find some time, I might try putting Toronto, where Banff is.
I love it! :lol::cheers:

·
Moderator in training
2,893 Posts
All Shenzhen proposals fully built out and Victoria Island/Kowloon of Hong Kong where Tin shui wai is on the other side of the deep bay.

·
Que paza!!!
2,771 Posts
lol, great thread, nice to see some building from Madrid and Barcelona.
The one Yukatan Boy posted is epic!!! it must be the city with the best communications with so many TV towers XD. I have seen one Dubai building repeated :D

·
One Brickell CityCentre
13,120 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Empire State Building in Los Angeles
Empire State Building = 381m
US Bank Tower = 310m

Willis Tower in Vancouver
Willis Tower = 442m
Shangri La = 201m

Oriental Pearl Tower in Los Angeles
Oriental Pearl Tower = 468m
US Bank Tower = 310m

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
Just John Hancock Towers...
This would be amazing, however the true beauty of the Hancock is its reflections of the city around it!

I would like to see some of America's densest cities (outside NYC) all mashed up together to form one super (dense) city! This would include Philadelphia (for height), Boston (for mass), Montreal (for flair), San Francisco, Baltimore, Seattle, and the maybe one or two of the less dense southern cities just for added dramatic height (think Atlanta, Houston, maybe downtown LA). The scope and density of both the skyline and surrounding buildup would be incredible.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts