SkyscraperCity banner

Which BCD project(s) are you MOST excited about?

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
4,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Which Beirut Central District (BCD) project(s) are you most excited about? I'm interested in seeing what the most popular project is here among forumers... sorry I was bored...but it will be nice to see how they rank. If you aren't familiar with them, please check related threads.

NOTE: I allowed multiple votes, so please ONLY vote for those you really like.

And if I left any out, I'm sorry, but I'm only going to post the major ones that have gotten the most buzz...

·
Brief State of Euphoria
4,010 Posts
any pictures of Souks of Beirut ;)

·
Brief State of Euphoria
4,010 Posts
my vote will go to "Souks of Beirut" ;)

·
4,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
^^ I like the souks because of the whole concept behind it and its historical significance, and its nice how they are modernizing it, but its just not that appealing to me - Im more into the high rises!

·
Registered
4,957 Posts
I dont know if u can add Beirut!, but here are more projects

Beirut Tower

Platinum Tower, Beirut

Jean Nouvel's Tower, Achrafiyeh

Achrafiyeh building

Four Seasons Hotel

Metropolitan Palace hotel and Grand Habtoor (completed not to long ago)

Astoria Tower

Beirut Parks

Marina Towers + the start of new Beirut Gates or Beirut Souks

Beirut Tower, Marina towers and Four seasons hotel

Marina Towers + Four seasons hotel on the right

Marina Towers almost done, and the new Hilton that is about to rise.

Verdun 5, in Verdun

Kempinski Hotel

Bahri Garden (Tower on the Right)

New building being constructed next to Virgin Megastore and UFA building

Hilton Hotel

·
4,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Nadini, this poll is only for the major BCD projects, most of these you posted are not located in the solidere area or are not major ones. Also buildings that are already completed do not count, this is for under-c or approved projects that we are looking forward to.

·
Registered
644 Posts
I chose Phoenician Village, Beirut Gate and Souks of Beirut because I want more action in the downtown area.

Marina Towers in the Hotel District because it would be a landmark. This does not mean that I dislike the others but...

·
Melburnian
2,375 Posts
i chose beirut gate :)

what ever happend to Beirut Trade Center ? are they still going to fix that really dull brown buiding ?

·
Registered
4,957 Posts
I think we've discussed about this topic already jayme, I don't think they will renovate the Al Murr building (dull brown building) because it has foundation problems and other problems in the tower. I think they will demolish it and build it from scratch

·
Melburnian
2,375 Posts
allright thats for the info cool it will be like the time they demolosied the old Hitol it was on the news in Australia

·
Registered
245 Posts
ok guys i know i promised some photos(but my husband is getting chemo and we had a tough weekend).. he is feeling better tonight ,so i will go tomoro downtown..and i will look for the beiurut souks and get some photos of the area. ..if anyone else want photos in the downtown region of something specific let me know before morning please :)

·
Registered
4,957 Posts
Hi Lebaneseangel, is it possible that u take a picture of the Marina towers, four season hotels and the Beirut tower all in one shot plz? that would be great, tnxs

·
Registered
644 Posts
Hey people,

Today I was there. I took many pics. I don't know if you realised or not, but I uploaded some images.
Hopefully, all of the pics would be uploaded later in the night. (It's taking a lot of time to upload)

1 - 20 of 56 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.