Skyscraper City Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 247 Posts

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
A chest, followed by a Jason Hawkes: first class picture browsing.

The "Scalpel" finally starting to live up to the nickname there.
Right, just orgasmed.

·
Registered
16,736 Posts
FYI we do have a posting policy when it comes to posting photos from elsewhere.

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/announcement.php?f=12&a=802

Please familiarise yourself with it, particularly the sections under Images and Fair Use.

Tl,dr, respect copyright, and link to the original when the image is under fair use

I've cleaned up the thread now, back to normal :)

·
Registered
57 Posts
Let me get this straight.

A couple of people get upset that a photographer might get upset that she/he hasn’t been credited correctly, even though that photographer will probably never visit this site, as if they did they would have posted the photos anyway and people are happier that 80% of the photos we all love looking at have been deleted.

I love this forum and I really appreciate the amazing efforts from your Chests Lumberjacks etc (far too many too mention all)
But what has happened here is society going mad.

My own photo taken from my own 2 bob mobile phone even got deleted.

Ah well, we have an empty thread now, but atleast its only me that is upset and I’m not a real photographer anyway.

Good job lads/ladies

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
It's a simple rule that has always been in place.

Your assertion that the "photographer will probably never visit this site" is ridiculous. If that were the case then why bother with copyright law, as chances are the person whose content you've lifted will never know. What they don't know can't hurt 'em, hey?
Yep, it'd be difficult come up with a less compelling or less persuasive argument.

·
Registered
16,736 Posts
Let me get this straight.

A couple of people get upset that a photographer might get upset that she/he hasn’t been credited correctly, even though that photographer will probably never visit this site, as if they did they would have posted the photos anyway and people are happier that 80% of the photos we all love looking at have been deleted.

I love this forum and I really appreciate the amazing efforts from your Chests Lumberjacks etc (far too many too mention all)
But what has happened here is society going mad.

My own photo taken from my own 2 bob mobile phone even got deleted.

Ah well, we have an empty thread now, but atleast its only me that is upset and I’m not a real photographer anyway.

Good job lads/ladies
If your own photo was deleted, I apologise for that. I removed all posts regarding the discussion and photos which I thought were being reported. Please do post your images again as your content is appreciated and welcome.

·
Registered
57 Posts
It's a simple rule that has always been in place.

Your assertion that the "photographer will probably never visit this site" is ridiculous. If that were the case then why bother with copyright law, as chances are the person whose content you've lifted will never know. What they don't know can't hurt 'em, hey?
My point being that this is forum for people with a common interest in skyscraper construction and photos of skyscraper construction. No financial gain, no reproduction or any attempt to claim that the photos belong to anyone other than the original photographer.

Yes Dames creditation wasn't great, but if Jason Hawkes happened to visit this site to check out the competition, a quick message to a mod, photo removed, we carry on.

Nobody dies.

There are people on here more worried about what other people are doing and how they are doing it than actually just enjoying the forum for what it is.

One would assume if a photo is up on Twitter/Instagram/Facebook etc the owner of the pic is not overly copy rite conscientious anyhow?

You may not agree with my thoughts that the more updates/photos the better. But if you can honestly say these threads have improved in the 10 days he was banned from uploading photos I am surprised.

I still get to see construction photos, but now thanks to the constant moaning I have to visit numerous other sites, scroll through endless pics of a dinner or a puppy in a park to find a decent construction pic.

Dame37 used to do that for us and put them right here. Easy.

Thank you

1 - 20 of 247 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.