SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 223 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Love the Greenwich Park and Canary Wharf towers images. These made me think about 2012 and the wonderful Olympics with the equestrian events held in the foreground. That period was the UK at its very best...open to the world and what a show the city put on. Pre Brexit, pre Trump and pre Boris. Those were the days!!!

·
Registered
34,716 Posts
Love the Greenwich Park and Canary Wharf towers images. These made me think about 2012 and the wonderful Olympics with the equestrian events held in the foreground. That period was the UK at its very best...open to the world and what a show the city put on. Pre Brexit, pre Trump and pre Boris. Those were the days!!!
And pre Covid.

Yes, those were the good times. In fact it was then when I decided to apply for British citizenship, I wanted to "join the team"...

Anyway, a few shots towards Croydon, still technically Lodnon, just about ;) :

DSC05501
by Geogregor*, on Flickr

DSC05505
by Geogregor*, on Flickr

DSC05508
by Geogregor*, on Flickr

DSC05502
by Geogregor*, on Flickr

Towards somewhere in SW London:

DSC05525
by Geogregor*, on Flickr

DSC05514
by Geogregor*, on Flickr

DSC05529
by Geogregor*, on Flickr

·
Registered
105 Posts
There’s a game I’m currently playing that’s based on London in the near future (Watch dogs Legion) and I was pleasantly surprised to see they had added a lot of the towers here in the pipeline ☺
Obviously as a skyscraper lover and Londoner this game is a great play and ofcourse the first thing I done was check out how good they made London and it’s buildings, here’s Piccadilly Circus with a upgraded BT tower in the background

And the view from 22 Fenchurch

The square mile isn’t too bad although they didn’t add the scalpel the position of 22BG is wrong and heron tower doesn’t have its spire 👎🏻

The area around Southwark cathedral and the shard is very recognisable. Here’s a snap next to Shakespeare’s globe

·
Registered
301 Posts
1 - 20 of 223 Posts