SkyscraperCity banner

181 - 200 of 200 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
I like this image that Geogregor posted and it made me wonder just how special, in world terms, this area of London is becoming. The variety of heights but particularly the range of building shapes is quite something. What disappoints me about cities like Manchester is the lack of variety of building shape. Londons evolving skyline is recognisable whereas in many cities it is not. Even one building can make such a difference as was the case in Auckland. Is it simply about cost?
51139256099_6d4ecc5b76_b.jpg

·
Registered
985 Posts
Great shot. 22BG looks so imposing from this angle.. and well.. every angle for that matter.. It also has that shred of elegance though with it's stepped design, visible from this perspective.
Cheers! Yeah I really like it from these perspectives, which is probably why I only photograph it from the such.

·
Registered
141 Posts
East side of Greenwich Park- where the park runs parallel with Maze Hill (my road!). Getting towards the bottom of the hill in that shot. The power station with the chimneys is by the Thames.
Awesome, thanks for the info, will be sure to check that location out next time I'm near Greenwich Park :)

181 - 200 of 200 Posts