SkyscraperCity banner

8361 - 8380 of 12347 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
This is supposed to be stadium for the competition, Kragujevac but i dont like it so and i will make another for competition and i wont finish this... capacity is 34 784+vip boxes

Here is the pic of stadium I am working for Belgrade, similar design. Btw very nice stadium man

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

No render sorry

·
Registered
642 Posts
Im back on my computer, calculating my c-values.
Lower tier, Poor but not negative. Third row I got 4.1, back row I got 3.0

Height from focus point to eye R = 440
Distance from focus point to eye D = 1373
Row Width T = 80
Riser Height N = 30
C - Value C = 4.122505162

Have I done something wrong here?

Middle of the Middle Tier: 8.5

Middle of the Upper Tier: 11.5

Im pretty sure ive worked it out wrong, but im not sure where? All the numbers I put in were in cm. If im doing it wrong that would explain how I ended up with poor sightlines in the lower tier?
Hm ... I had another closer look and got the following results (which are 100% correct, don't know why the others from my first post were different ...)

This is for the Union rugby configuration and only for the sightlines of the main stand:

1st tier:

Distance from the eyes of the first supporter to sideline: 8.8m + 0.6m = 9.4m. Distance from first row to sideline is 8.8m, the extra 0.6m is an approximation for the position of the eyes of the supporter. So D = 9.4m

Vertical level of the eyes of the first supporter: 2.4m + 1.25m = 3.65m. Row height is 2.4m, the extra 1.25m is again an approximation for the position of the eyes of the supporter. So R = 3.65m

Row depth is T=0.8m. C-value of 1st row: infinite

Riser height of 2nd row: N = 0.3m

Calculated C-value of 2nd row: -0,98. Rises to -0.41 in row #20.

Middle tier:
D = 26.93m
R = 13.49m
T = 0.8m
N = 0.44m

C-value of 2nd row: 3.81 ... falls to 2.51 in row #20

Upper tier:
D = 38.17m
R = 22.77m
T = 0.8m
N = 0.55m

C-value of 2nd row: 7.13 ... falls to 5.2 in row #20

C-value will be better on the short sides of the stadium if calculated towards the try-line. However, when aiming for a stadium with a bowl shape (e.g. row heights don't differ between long and short side), one has to look for the shortest distance between first row and focus point and calculate the C-values for that distance. For all other seats, which are further away from the focus point, C-values will be better or equal.

·
GO HABS GO!
1,981 Posts
What are the recommended dimensions for wheelchair space?

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Hm ... I had another closer look and got the following results (which are 100% correct, don't know why the others from my first post were different ......
What did I do wrong? Because if im typing in the wrong thing, that's how I ended up with dodgy sightlines in the first place.

What are the recommended dimensions for wheelchair space?
0.9m wide and I think its 1.4 or 1.5m deep. Definitely no more than that, so if you do it 90x150 that'd be fine.

·
Registered
642 Posts
What did I do wrong? Because if im typing in the wrong thing, that's how I ended up with dodgy sightlines in the first place.
Don't know :)

Do you agree with my values for D and R for the first row of either tier? If so => put them in your c-value calculator and see if it fits with my results. If it doesn't, then your calculator is flawed ...

·
PompeY2J
1,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #8,367
I'd like to see photo proof of that. I checked Google quickly but couldn't find pictures big or detailed enough: Can you take one while you're at the venue maybe? :)

However, the vomitories at Skilled Park have a completely different layout and at Brisbane's Suncorp stadium they definitely did the same as they did in Cologne, that is a rise one row up to the one above, such that you have a row depth of 2x0.8m at the vomitories. You can judge that from the fact that one seat is missing to the left and right of the aisles, because you need an extra stair down, to get back again to the lower row. Looks like this:

This is the middle tier at Suncorp (500 level). The top tier (700 level) on the main stand is the only one with your design feature - and some form of railing is much needed there for a number of reasons (security and the fact it is steep). The rest feature disabled seating which of course requires more space.

Skilled Park

(International Award winning) AAMI Park

What you are citing there (from Stadium Atlas) is a recommendation. This provides a best-practice solution to design issues. This cannot be confused with a regulation, which is a requirement on the part of the licensing body (government, FIFA, etc). Australia has no such regulation on the width around vomitories.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I am still having trouble rendering using Thea Render. Whenever I do it, the whole picture is dark and I can't see anything other than a small area where I put a point light. I don't think I ever changed any settings but I can't figure out what is wrong since it does it each time I try to render anything. I'm not sure how to fix it or anything and it is pretty frustrating.

·
Registered
642 Posts
I am still having trouble rendering using Thea Render. Whenever I do it, the whole picture is dark and I can't see anything other than a small area where I put a point light. I don't think I ever changed any settings but I can't figure out what is wrong since it does it each time I try to render anything. I'm not sure how to fix it or anything and it is pretty frustrating.
Hm ... two possible explanations:

1) Did you activate the sun as a light source under Environment => Enable Physical sky => Choose location/time ... looks like this in the current Thea version:

2) You use the wrong Thea engine. I get black screens sometimes if I try the GPU render engines. To check this, you should try Unbiased (TR1) first. If you get a black screen there, too, it's not the engine ...

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
i have to reconsider my opinion.
design big stadiums with 12 cm for the c-value is possible but still challenging.
you can make a single-tier stand with up to 81 rows.
distance from the stand to the field: 8,5m (this is the distance for a 125x85m pitch).
height of the 1st row: 0,84m
2nd row is 0,32cm higher and you increase this value in 1 cm-step when needed so your c-value have the minimum of 12cm.
max. height of a row is 57cm (and 80cm deep)
height of the last row will be 39,84m.
no chance to put skyboxes.

if you want to make a two- oder three-tier-design, fortget it.

9cm is still ok :)
I started a stadium with the goal to have highest possible c-value long time ago:

C-value is 14.
80 rows, last row is 59cm/80cm.
For business tier however, C-value had to be lowered considerably because of VIP-boxes above, it's only 8 there.

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
I resumed work on my stadium script for 3ds Max yesterday and added a GUI:

And here is the result after you click on "Create Stands":

Known issue: If you click "Create Stands" more than once the rowheight is wrong. So if you want to try out different values, exit the script and rerun it.

How to run: Download the file and place it in the script folder in your 3ds Max directory (or anywhere you want). Then in the program under the "MAXScript" tab choose "Run script" and select the file.

Thanks to artet for testing it.

Here is the link:
http://www.zshare.net/download/72599179b206b258/

Edit:
I reuploaded this script after I got a request for it today:
Here is the link if anyone else is interested: http://www2.zshare.ma/61m9wt2znn9g

The distances in the GUI are in [cm] btw.
I had an error when trying to run the script with 3ds Max Design 2014.
Here is an updated version that works for me:
http://www.file-upload.net/download-8064963/Stand_v09.ms.html

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
On the stadium itself you can put sponsors names I think. like you could call it the whatever bank arena on the stadium, and the Nis arena on the presentation. The only thing that changes is the official name of the tournament during the event which cant be a sponsor.

8361 - 8380 of 12347 Posts