SkyscraperCity banner

12281 - 12300 of 12301 Posts

·
PompeY2J
1,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #12,282

A project I've been working on over the past couple of weeks. Can't wait to actually render it. It's set in Hong Kong because I've recently replayed Sleeping Dogs, no joke.

The main purpose of this bit, though, is testing my new crowd model. This is sort of a hatchet job on it, but I'm really happy with how it came out. It was also a lot quicker than I was expecting it to be.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Been thinking about getting back into doing some mock-ups. Might look at either a new stadium in Newcastle (Australia). Maybe a 15,000 seater? Or something a bit different somewhere like Coffs Habour (10,000).

I do have ArchiCAD, not sure how that will work with a stadium. Houses, buildings... fine... will have to do a lot of tweaking for stands though. Or, I'll stick with SketchUp and then use ArchiCAD to render it.

·
mStadia.net
733 Posts
I'm aware that this thread is the very last place where you want or expect to read about coronavirus but just FYI, for this moment Stadia Designers Cup 6 is going to be held as usual in the summer, however... if EURO 2020 will be postponed or cancelled (tfu! tfu!) we might consider starting earlier than planned mid-july after EURO final. What do you think?

btw. Are you working on something interesting currently? ;)

·
PompeY2J
1,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #12,288
Very exciting news. I can't wait.

For me, I am hoping to produce an animation in the coming days of my Hong Kong stadium posted earlier. I really loved working on it, and animating parts of it would help bring it to life. I've also been working on a fun little project at Raymond James Stadium, in Tampa. Hopefully I'll be able to show those very soon.

·
NBHN
180 Posts
I'm aware that this thread is the very last place where you want or expect to read about coronavirus but just FYI, for this moment Stadia Designers Cup 6 is going to be held as usual in the summer, however... if EURO 2020 will be postponed or cancelled (tfu! tfu!) we might consider starting earlier than planned mid-july after EURO final. What do you think?

btw. Are you working on something interesting currently? ;)
Can we start now?

·
mStadia.net
733 Posts
Well, EURO 2020 has been officially postponed, so we have a green light to start competition earlier this year. Soon I'll work out an initial competition agenda and post it here. Since I'm already writing... Competition for sure will start earlier than planned but this unordinary circumstances makes me think...

I'm sorry @Mr_Carùzo, but we can't start right away, but since many of us already must #StayAtHome maybe we should consider starting not only a month earlier but even earlier. At this moment I'll take the mid-june term as official but it's still an open case. It's difficult to plan antyhing nowadays, so I'd like to ask everyone interested in taking part in the competition to share their opinion on this topic.

Meanwile, stay keep well and #StayAtHome!

P.S.
I received some DMs, thanks! I'll reply to them soon!

·
PompeY2J
1,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #12,294
I, for one, greatly appreciate the date being brought forward. Times are tough, things are being cancelled left right and centre. Having this to look forward to is nice. Mid June is good, June 1 falls on our traditional start day of Monday which is also good.

I do hope we stick with the four month schedule. While a lot of us (myself included) have found a lot of extra free time over the coming months, it's likely that we will find ourselves busier than ever come later in the year. That would make it a lot easier not to rush the later parts of the project.

·
PompeY2J
1,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #12,297
Wow, so we have the new forum live. It's different. It's better in some ways and a lot more confusing in some others. Some stuff is renamed - like private messages is now conversations, and that.

Anyway, I finally got around to doing my flythroughs. Neither are my best work, but I'm still learning the tool and figuring out the best way to get it to do what I want.

Film 1 GIF | Gfycat is my waterfront stadium scene. It cut through the terrain a couple of times, and my timings were way off, but I was happy with the effect and the tool works well.

Film 1 GIF | Gfycat is my project at Raymond James Stadium. I was attempting to put together a set for the Wrestlemania show there, but that got scrapped so this did too. The main thing I learned with this was actually animating components and getting them moving. I need to sort out some of the movements, but the techniques were good.

Needless to say, lockdown has been a bit of a bore here.

·
PompeY2J
1,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #12,300

Messing around with some basic pyrotechnic effects. Turned out OK, would have been better with a little more time and actually preparing for them to be inserted before I rendered. This isn't a great angle for the effects.

Film 1 GIF | Gfycat I also tried making a moving effect with some of it. Did not come out anywhere near as well as I had hoped. Back to the drawing board on that. I'm not sure why there is a black line following the appearance of the effect - that's something for me to research.

12281 - 12300 of 12301 Posts