SkyscraperCity Forum banner
37761 - 37780 of 37795 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
The market is absolutely nuts right. I would say most areas are now on par or above 2014 peak prices. You could've picked up a Garden Home on the Palm for AED7m 12 months ago. They are now going for AED15m.
That's an indication of the high-end luxury market.... not the overall market being 'nuts'.

There is still oversupply, with thousands of unsold off-plan units soon to come on the market.

·
Registered
29 Posts
The market is absolutely nuts right. I would say most areas are now on par or above 2014 peak prices. You could've picked up a Garden Home on the Palm for AED7m 12 months ago. They are now going for AED15m.
The prices have been climbing slowly but steadily since late last year, but definitely not on par or above 2014 peak prices. It will take a couple of years for them to reach that level again and hopefully even higher, before they crash again and the cycle repeats :D

·
Registered
47 Posts
That's an indication of the high-end luxury market.... not the overall market being 'nuts'.

There is still oversupply, with thousands of unsold off-plan units soon to come on the market.

I can tell you don't have any investments here if you don't consider what is happening right now as nuts.... the market is absolutely on fire.

Like I've said many times before there is massive undersupply in the most popular areas (where people actually want to live).

Garden homes on the Palm was just one example.

You can substitute any villas/townhouses in the following communities and you would have seen similar % increases:

Dubai Hills
Arabian Ranches
Jumeirah Islands
Green community
JGE
Meadows
The Lakes
Springs

Apartment prices are beginning to increase significantly also.

Emaar beachfront units are selling at 25-30% premium to OP.

·
Registered
47 Posts
The prices have been climbing slowly but steadily since late last year, but definitely not on par or above 2014 peak prices. It will take a couple of years for them to reach that level again and hopefully even higher, before they crash again and the cycle repeats :D

The only properties in my portfolio that haven't surpassed 2014 prices are my units in downtown - although even now downtown prices are starting to increase significantly
%

·
Registered
48 Posts
Will be interesting to see if the Committee for Real Estate that they set up will keep a lid on launches, even with the hot market. Developers have slowed supply by delaying project completions but would also be nice to see them have a more sustainable approach to launches.
Overall things are looking very positive and I hope this bodes well for stuff like the DCH tower and other stalled mega projects.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I'm loving the UAE's changing to more tolerance. There is going to be less to criticise and more to do and enjoy if all goes to plan.

No more ducking my 'open minded' friends' queries on things like co-habitation, female rights and hatred of Israel. This change in ideology alone could open up a whole new type of buyer to the UAE (population increase).

The Expo really needs a bit more time to show its capture.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Hopefully somebody can recommend a reliable local contractor in the JLT/ Dubai Marina area, who can quote for removal & relaying of bedroom floor tiles at a reasonable price.
Any help would be much appreciated.
Many thanks, Tony

·
Registered
10 Posts
By "innovative businesses" do you mean things like WeBuyAnySpaceship.com ?

Apparently based in Dubai, and recruiting ex astronauts for massive salaries according to the Daily Mirror!

👨‍🚀😁 whatever next.

Also has anyone noticed increase in traffic and businesses opening in Dubai? I wonder how the freezones are faring. We've seen lots of innovative type businesses making a mover here. Is that just a tax thing?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Guys Need opinion, cant make up my mind
Bought 1bd room in PAD( Business Bay, Omniyat) back in 2007 for 1.9 mil AED, paid 1million upfront, after 15yrs they have completed the project and asking me to pay the rest and take possession
right now its worth 1.2mil at the max, what would you guys do if you are in my shoes, they might throw in another 10-20% discount.
Thanks

37761 - 37780 of 37795 Posts